New Delhi: In what can be called a good news for civil services aspirants, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has allowed students to withdraw applications in case they are not prepared to attempt the exam. However, the exam fees will not be refunded in such cases. As per a report, the withdrawal facility will come into force from Engineering Services Examination in 2019.
Reports claimed that the latest move came after some of the civil services aspirants had wished to cancel their candidature as they were not prepared for the exams. Following their requests, the UPSC decided to roll on the facility of withdrawal of the application.
Take a look at some important instructions to withdraw application:
- Candidates are advised to go through the instructions carefully before filling up the request for withdrawal of
- The Commission has provided the withdrawal facility from 29.10.2018 to 05.11.2018(till 6.00 PM) to those
candidates who do not want to appear at this Examination.
- Candidates are advised to provide the details of registered application with registration-id which was completed
and submitted finally. There is no provision for withdrawing of incomplete applications.
- Before making the request for withdrawal, candidate must ensure that they have access to the registered mobile
number and email-id which were provided by them at the time of submission of application. Separate OTPs will be sent by the Commission on the registered mobile number and email-id. Request for withdrawal will be accepted only after it is confirmed by validating the OTP details sent on candidate’s mobile and email-id. Such OTPs will be valid for 30 Minutes only.
- Request for generating OTP for withdrawal of application will be accepted only till 5.30 PM on 05.11.2018.
- If a candidate has submitted more than one application form then the higher registration-id of Application (latest)
will be considered for withdrawal and all earlier applications will be treated as cancelled automatically.
- After the final acceptance of the request for online withdrawal of application, the candidate must print the
authenticated receipt. Once application has been withdrawn by the candidate, it cannot be revived in future.
- UPSC has no provision to refund any fee amount paid by candidates, so in case of successful withdrawal of
application the fees will not be refunded.
- On successful completion of withdrawal of application, an auto-generated email and SMS will be sent on
candidate’s registered email-id and mobile. In case any candidate has not submitted the request for withdrawal of application he/she may contact UPSC on email-id: firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.