Gurgaon, Sep 29: Popular Pakistani singer Atif Aslam’s concert, scheduled for October 15 in Gurgaon, has been called off in the wake of Uri attack. While the district administration has “advised” the concert team Konceptentertainment to defer the show, the organisers have said they had already decided to postpone the gig “indefinitely” after the attack at Uri in Kashmir. “Considering the sentiments of armed forces and soldiers at the frontier, the organisers are advised by the district administration of Gurgaon to defer the Atif Aslam concert,” said Deputy Commissioner of Gurgaon, TL Satyaprakash in a statement.Also Read - Haryana Shuts Schools In 4 Districts, Bans Construction Activities To Tackle Air Pollution
The statement came hours after the Akil Bhartya Hindu Kranti Dal (ABHKD) advised the Gurgaon district administration not to allow the concert in the city. ABHKD also handed over their memorandum to Satyaprakash on Wednesday, to withdraw the permission granted to Atif Aslam Concert to be held on October 15, to avoid any untoward incident in Gurgaon. Rajeev Mittal, National General Secretary, ABHKD said soldiers at the border were falling prey to Pakistan-sponsored terrorism while the Gurgaon administration was inviting guests from the country for petty monetary gains.(ALSO READ: MS Dhoni’s biopic gets banned in Pakistan following MNS threats to beat up Pakistani artists) Also Read - Ranveer Singh-Alia Bhatt Tap Their Feet To ‘Brown Munde’ At AP Dhillon’s Concert In Gurugram | Watch
“Every time, the Gurgaon District Administration called Atif Aslam to do concert here, we are against it, if his concert will be allowed in Gurgaon, the district administration will itself be held responsible in any mis-happening in city. We would not allow any shows or films of Pakistani actors to be screened or organised and warned that the administration,” Mittal said. Also Read - Locals Protest Namaz in Open Space in Gurgaon, Say 'Will Build Volleyball Court in The Area'
Aslam, 33, becomes the second singer from the neighbouring country whose concert has been cancelled after the terror attack. Shafqat Amanat Ali’s set, planned to take place in Bengalaru tomorrow, has also been called off. Days after the Uri attack, Raj Thackrey-led Maharashtra Navanirman Sena had issued a 48-hour ultimatum to Pakistani artistes and actors including Fawad Khan and Ali Zafar, to leave India by September 25 or else they would be “pushed out”.