Actor Kangana Ranaut might just be on loggerheads with the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) once again over the issue of her residence in Mumbai. A court in Dindoshi has rejected the actor’s plea seeking a restraining order on the demolition of her house by the civic body. In its order on Thursday, the court said that ‘there are grave violations in the sanctioned plan’ of the house that occurred after Kangana merged three flats into one.Also Read - Attention Mumbaikars! Mumbai, Thane and Other Regions to Face 10% Regular Water Cut Starting Today

A court in suburban Dindoshi dismissed an application filed by Ranaut last week. The detailed order became available on Thursday. Judge L S Chavan noted in the order that Ranaut, who owns three flats on the fifth floor of a 16-storey building in Khar area of the city, merged them into one. In doing so, she covered the sunk area, duct area, common passage, and converted the free Floor Space Index (FSI) into a habitable area, the judge observed. “There are grave violations of the sanctioned plan for which the permission of the competent authority is required,” the court said. Also Read - Kangana Ranaut's Fans Dig Old Video of Her Seeking Downfall of Uddhav Thackeray Amid Maharashtra Political Crisis: 'Kal Tera Ghamand Tutega...' | Watch

The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) had in March 2018 issued a notice to the actor for “unauthorized constructions” at her Khar flats. Another notice asked her to restore the structure to its original position as per the original plan, warning that otherwise the unauthorized portion will be demolished. Also Read - Has COVID 4th Wave Started in Maharashtra? State Reports 4024 New Cases, BA.5 Variant Found in 4 Patients

Ranaut challenged the demolition notice and also requested the court to restrain the civic body from carrying out the demolition. The court had then ordered status-quo. In the latest order on December 23, judge Chavan rejected the actor’s application, saying that the “interference of this court is not required”.

However, the court has given her six weeks to approach the Bombay High Court against the order. On September 9, the BMC had demolished parts of Ranaut’s bungalow in the Pali Hill area for alleged “unauthorized” construction. She moved the HC against it. The high court later termed the BMC’s action as illegal and malicious.

– with inputs from PTI