An FIR has been lodged against singer Kanika Kapoor in Lucknow for violating the norms of self-isolation. In her latest interview with Mid-Day though, she said she hasn’t violated any norm of self-isolation and it was only on two days back that she got to know she was infected with the coronavirus. Kanika said she had a mild temperature and cough on Tuesday, March 17, but the authorities asked her to not get tested and ‘call back if the symptoms aggravate’. Also Read - Kanika Kapoor Fiasco: 'Stayed at Birthday Party For an Hour', Says Quarantined UP Health Minister

The singer denied the rumours of hosting parties at a five-star hotel and maintained that she was screened at the airport but was declared fine. Kanika said when she arrived from London on March 9, she took a flight from Mumbai to Lucknow and only attended one party with the gathering of 15-20 people. She said she didn’t know she was infected by then and there were only some odd guests at the party. Also Read - Kanika Kapoor's Viral Video: Singer Plays Holi, Performs at a Party After Returning From London

Kanika was quoted saying, “I didn’t run away from the airport, nor did I hide in a bathroom. Like everyone else, I was screened at the Mumbai airport after my arrival from London and was absolutely fine. So, the next day, I flew to Lucknow to stay with my parents. It was a small get-together with 15-20 odd guests, and I did not throw any party at a five-star hotel. These are all baseless rumours.” Also Read - Vasundhara Raje And Son Dushyant Under Self-Quarantine After Partying Out With Coronavirus Infected Kanika Kapoor

The popular playback singer added that when she started experiencing cough, she called the helpline and the office of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath but she was shooed away. Kanika said she was told that she didn’t need to get any test and should only call back when her symptoms aggravate. She said, “I had a mild temperature and cough on Tuesday (March 17). When I called the helpline and the CM’s office, I was told that there is no need for a test, and I should call back if the symptoms aggravate. I was in self-quarantine (till yesterday).”

Kanika is currently under self-isolation in Lucknow’s Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences.