Last week we had reported how The Kapil Sharma Show comedian Siddharth Sagar went missing for four months. A day after the reports surfaced online, the actor posted a message on social media and informed fans and well-wishers that he is safe. During this, he revealed that he had gone through a lot and has been harassed mentally. The actor called a press conference yesterday and opened up about his missing phase and what went wrong. (ALSO READ: Comedian Siddharth Sagar Found, Declares He Is In Safe Hands, To Talk To The Media Soon ) Also Read - Kapil Sharma-Ginni Chatrath Name Their Son Trishaan, Here's What it Means

While talking to The Indian Express Siddharth revealed, ” “My parents separated some 20 years back but we have had a cordial relationship. I was into spirituality and have my gurus in Delhi, where I found peace and solace. My parents always thought that I should leave the industry and so they tried their best to keep me away from there. My dad is in Delhi and I stay here with my mother. Since we only had each other, I was really close to her. She was my best friend and I never loved or trusted anyone so much. She met this man Suyash Gadgil and I was happy that she found someone in her life. But things only took a turn for the worse in our lives. ” Also Read - Kapil Sharma Promises to Meet an Ailing Fan Suffering From Chronic Kidney Disease

Narrating the beginning of the four-month-long missing period, Sagar said, ” There came a time when I started feeling really low and I had put on weight. And since I was trying to stop smoking, I was taking too much coffee. Soon I realised, I was depressed. My speech slurred and I was in a bad zone. When I told my parents about it, they said that they have put me on medicines for bipolar disease. I was shell-shocked when I heard it. I know about bipolar and I didn’t have any of the symptoms and here my parents were giving me drugs by mixing it in my food. ” Also Read - Inside Kapil Sharma's Luxurious Mumbai Home, Punjab Bungalow: Garden-Themed Living Room, Gazeebo, Swimming Pool And More

The actor also confessed that he got into substance abuse soon after this. Recalling that phase, The Kapil Sharma Show actor said, “I had a conversation with Suyash and warned him that we are in a mess. I told him not to play with my mother’s emotions. Things took a drastic turn when once in the middle of the night, we got into a fight and I left home. I started staying alone since I had no social circle. Somebody suggested me to take some substance to get over my miserable life and I soon got addicted.”

The actor wanted to get out of this phase so he asked his mother to admit him to a rehab centre. Though his mother broke down after this, she took him to a centre for treatment. The actor was bashed there mercilessly. While talking about this phase, the actor broke down. He said, ” Four-five people used to bash me and I would bleed and lose conscience. I was shattered completely. Somehow, I managed to connect with my managers who pulled me out from there after a month. I thought life would turn to normal but it turned worse. I would have regular fights at home with Suyash and I tried my best to stay away. This was also the time I had filed a NC against them for I really feared for my life and well-being. It came true when I was picked up while travelling back from Goa and thrown into a mental asylum where I was tortured and treated for ailments I didn’t even have. But since it was turning out to be an expensive treatment, my mother decided to shift me to Asha Ki Kiran, a rehabilitation centre that did not bother much about finance.”

The actor finally found hope at Asha Ki Kiran. He said, “I found a family here that listens and understands me. When I met Basheer bhai (Basheer Qureshi, founder of Asha Ki Kiran), he told me to leave all my stress and worries aside and start afresh. When they examined me, they found that my psychological issues cropped up because of the wrong medicines I had been put on.”