The news of the yesteryear’s legend  Sridevi‘s sudden demise has come as a shock to everyone; it has left legions of fans and the film industry heartbroken. Initially reports suggested that Sridevi died late Saturday night reportedly due to a cardiac arrest in Dubai, while her Death Certificate states the cause of death as accidental drowning. As the country mourns the loss of Bollywood’s superstar and condolences have been pouring in ever since the news of her demise has come in, there are speculations surrounding her sudden death in Dubai. Sridevi’s Pakistani co-actor from the 2017 film Mom (Sridevi’s last film), Adnan Siddiqui was one of the first few people to reach the Jumeirah Emirates Tower after learning about the actress’ demise on Saturday night. Also Read - Sridevi Death Anniversary: These Last Pictures & Videos of The Legendary Actress Are Going Viral | Watch

In a statement to mid-day, Siddiqui said, “I got a call from a journalist at around 11 pm asking if the news about Sridevi’s death was true. I immediately called up Boney [Kapoor] saab and rushed to him,” adding that, “I got to Jumeirah Emirates at around midnight. Initially, I was not allowed to go upstairs. At the time of the investigation, only Boney saab and Dubai officials were present. So, I waited in the lobby for about an hour.” Also Read - Janhvi Kapoor Shares Sridevi's Hand-Written Note on Her 3rd Death Anniversary

He further added, “When everything was settled, Boney saab called me upstairs. He was there along with a family friend, his wife and a daughter. Boney saab was crying like a baby; he was inconsolable. I was with him until 5 am. He was under a lot of stress, so I advised him to rest, and then left.” ALSO READ: Rajinikanth On Sridevi’s Death: I’m Shocked And Disturbed, I’ve Lost A Dear Friend – Watch Video Also Read - Sridevi's 3rd Death Anniversary: Watching English Vinglish Was Disturbing, Says Gauri Shinde

The Pakistani actor, who is a good friends with Sridevi and Kapoor, couldn’t catch up with the actress after the film’s release due to the ban on Pakistani artistes after Uri attacks. So, Sridevi had invited him for her nephew Mohit Marwah’s wedding in Ras Al-Khaimah. “When I landed in Dubai at 11 pm last week, I called up Boney saab and asked him if it made sense for me to come at that hour considering the function may have been over. He said, ‘Even if the function gets over, we will wait for you’. So I drove for two hours to Ras Al-Khaimah,” recollected Siddiqui, adding that, Sridevi was true to her word, she indeed was waiting for him. “I can’t believe that I met her four days ago and now, she is no more,” added Siddiqui. Watch this space for further updates.