So it is confirmed! After months and weeks of speculations, Karan Johar has finally revealed that his new find Tara Sutaria will play one of the two leading ladies (another one being Ananya Pandey) in Student Of The Year 2. The film stars Tiger Shroff, “as the leader of the brat pack” and in a tweet introducing Tara, Dharma Movies said, “We are proud to present the new admission to the class of 2018, the girl who is in it to win it – #TARA! #SOTY2.” The name is not unknown for cine buffs who had been waiting for an official announcement since Tara’s name had been doing the rounds. Also Read - Sushant Singh Rajput Case: Muzaffarpur Court Orders Salman Khan, Karan Johar And 7 Others to Appear
And yet, not much is known about this new star on the block. We have scoured through the internet and the debut actress’ social media accounts to bring to you some lesser known facts about Tara Sutaria, the new admission in the much awaited Student Of The Year 2. The film, directed by Punit Malhotra, is set for a November 23 release and when the promotions will start, we will see ample of her and get to know more about Tara. But till, then, here is all that you need to know about Stundent Of The Year 2 star Tara Sutaria. Also Read - Karan Johar Clicked After Months of Facing Backlash Following Sushant Singh Rajput's Death
1) Tara Sutaria is a trained dancer and well versed in forms like classical ballet, modern dance and Latin American dances. She has trained at the prestigious ‘The School of Classical Ballet and Western Dance’, ‘Royal Academy of Dance’, U.K (on full scholarship) and the ‘I.S.T.D ‘(Imperial Society for Teachers of Dancing, U.K). Also Read - Karan Johar's Statement Face Mask With a Quirky Message is a Must-See
2) Tara’s BFF and go to person is her twin sister Pia, who is also a model.
3) Last year, Tara almost landed the role of Princess Jasmine in Guy Ritchie’s live-action remake of 1990’s Aladdin. However, she later lost the role to Naomi Scott.
4) Tara may be making her acting debut now but she already made her Bollywood debut as a singer when she rendered her voice for films like Aamir Khan’s Taare Zameen Par and Hrithik Roshan’s Guzaarish. Yes, you read that right, she is qualified singer and has been part of various concerts.
5) Before making her way into Bollywood, Tara was a VJ on Disney channel.
6) But dancing, singing and acting are not her only loves. She loves to cook and experiment in the kitchen and always wanted to become a chef!
7) Tara also played the lead role in Disney channel India’s Oye Jassie (2013), which was an Indian adaptation of the American Disney sitcom Jessie.
8) Tara is a fitness freak and swears by pilates. She trains under Namrata Purohit, who is also Kareena Kapoor Khan’s trainer and is obsessed about getting the perfect arms and abs.
9) Talking about personal life, Tara is allegedly dating late actor Vinod Mehra’s son Rohan Mehra. Rohan too is slated to make his Bollywood debut this year with Saif Ali Khan’s Baazaar.
10) The new girl who is all set to take Bollywood by storm is excited about this new journey and trusts “the magic of new beginnings.” In her post where she shared the poster of her debut film Student Of The Year 2, Tara said, “Firsts are always special, especially when you’re blessed enough to be a part of the Dharma family. My journey begins… #SOTY2.”