Cricketer-turned-politician and television personality Navjot Singh Sidhu has landed in the soup for his insensitive comments on the Pulwama terror attack that left 40 CRPF jawans killed. Navjot received so much backlash for the comments that #boycottsidhu has been trending on Twitter. The call was for him to be removed from the famous television show The Kapil Sharma Show, which he plays host with Kapil Sharma. Also Read - Jammu And Kashmir: 3 Jaish Terrorists Killed in Encounter in Kulgam, 3 Soldiers Injured

The terror attack in Pulwama, Jammu and Kashmir had taken place on February 14, and following the attack, Navjot had spoken to the media. During the interaction he had said, “For a handful of people, can you blame the entire nation and can you blame an individual? It (the attack) is a cowardly act and I condemn it firmly. Violence is always condemnable and those who did it must be punished.” His comments did not sit well with fans and they called for Sony Entertainment Television, which airs the show, to boycott him. Also Read - Jammu And Kashmir: NIA Announces 7th Arrest in Pulwama Attack Case, Accused Sent to 10-Day Custody

According to Indian Express, a source close to the show said that Navjot has been asked to leave and that actress Archana Puran Singh would be replacing him. Also Read - Jammu and Kashmir: NIA Arrests 6th Accused, Key JeM Aide in 2019 Pulwama Attack

“His remarks have not been taken kindly by most. Also, the channel and the show was getting dragged into the unwanted controversy. This is when the team amicably decided that Navjot make a distance from the show. The team has already shot a couple of episodes with Archana,” the source was quoted as saying.

The Indian Express also reported that after facing flak for his remarks, Navjot said that his statement has been distorted and that he stands by what he said about terrorism.

“Act of few terrorists cannot make a country bow in front of them. We cannot kneel before them. They have killed our jawans, they have put a blot on our turbans (dignity) but just because of their cowardly act, we cannot put a full stop on the philosophy of Guru Nanak. A decision taken by two Prime Ministers to open Kartarpur Corridor should not be affected because of these cowards,” Navjot was quoted as saying.

“Mere liye hamesha hi desh pehle tha dosti se (For me country has always come first before friendship)… but I stand by what I said yesterday and I cannot blame entire Pakistan for an act done by a few cowards,” he added.

The attack had been carried out by the Jaish-e-Mohammed, a Pakistan-based terror group. Its chief, Masood Azhar, enjoys a life of freedom in Pakistan, from where he directs his followers to carry out attacks.