Actress Saumya Tandon, popular for her performance as Anita Bhabhi in comedy show Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain!, escaped fire last night at her house in Mumbai. The actress has taken to Twitter to explain what happened along with suggesting her fans to take proper caution in case of fire. She also posted a picture of her room where fire seemed to cause a bit of destruction. Also Read - Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain Latest News: Saumya Tandon Likely to be Replaced by Shefali Jariwala?

Saumya’s post read, “Had fire in my house 😢, lessons learnt 1. Never sleep with liquit mosquito replant next to your bed especially if it’s over take it off the switch 2. Never have loose connection things plugged in 3. Learn to use fire extinguishers infact buy n keep it at home now.” (sic) Also Read - Bhabhiji Ghar Par Hain Actor Saumya Tandon's Personal Hair-Dresser Tests Positive For COVID-19, Actor Asked to Take a Break 

She later talked to an entertainment portal and explained how she did a mistake by keeping a bottle of mosquito repellent near the socket in her room that led to the unfortunate incident.  Spotboye quoted her saying, “It was fire in the plug where mosquito repellent was put in the middle of the night, probably the liquid was over and it overheated. All of us are safe. Ma got slight burn on her cheek as it was next to her bed. I and my nanny (sic) were trying to put the fire off so got minor burns in the palms. All safe. Thanks.”

Well, her fans would be relieved to hear that Saumya nearly escaped the accident and all is well now.

Meanwhile, the actress was recently appreciated on Twitter for coming clean in the sting operation done by Cobra Post on various industry celebrities. Several names popped up from the movie business agreeing to promote political parties on social media for money during the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. However, when Saumya was approached with the same proposition, she refused to show fake support to political parties in lieu of money.