Shahid Kapoor and Alia Bhatt starrer Udta Punjab is all over the news channels, newspapers and social media and rightly so. The Censor Board of Film Certification’s unreasonable demands to drop all references to Punjab from the film and demanding as many as 89 cuts is a desperate attempt to kill the creativity of the film. ALSO READ: Udta Punjab: Karan Johar writes Open Letter, asking for support against censorshipAlso Read - 'Mehram' is The Heart of Film: Shahid Kapoor Gushes Over His New Song From Jersey
As we all know, Udta Punjab throws light on the existing drug menace going on in the Indian state of Punjab. One third of the youth in Punjab is involved in drug addiction and Abhishek Chaubey-directorial creates an awareness about the same. Also Read - Jersey Trailer Launch Event: Shahid Kapoor's Upcoming Film Jersey's Trailer Gets Released | Checkout Launch Event Video
From netizens to Bollywood celebrities like Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Dia Mirza, Mahesh Bhatt and many more; Udta Punjab has been getting support from all across the country. Pahlaj Nihalani’s unprecedented decision has enraged the nation. ALSO READ: Anurag Kashyap on Udta Punjab censorship: Pahlaj Nihalani is a megalomaniac Also Read - Shahid Kapoor 'Went Like Beggar to Everybody' After Kabir Singh's Success, Read on
Here is a list of all the cuts recommended by CBFC head Pahlaj Nihalani for Udta Punjab. (Courtesy: Mumbai Mirror)
1. Delete sign of Board of Punjab in the beginning
2. Delete Punjab, Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Tarantaran, Jashanpura, Ambesar, Ludhiana and Moga to be deleted from background and dialogue wherever it occurs.
3. From song no. 1 delete the word ‘Chiitave’ and ‘H*r*mi’ everywhere.
4. From song no. 2 delete ‘tom di c*ck jevhe chitti chitti c*ck’ and ‘coke c*ck’ in the entire song.
5. Delete B****c**d, B****c**d*, B**d, T*tt*, G**d**, G**d*, l**d*, h***mz**d*, m*****c**d, chusa hua aam, k*tt*, m**yove, kudi c**d*, l*ll*, g*sht*, from everywhere including background wherever it occurs. Reg. Tommy, B****c**do, B****c**d, before TCR 1.31. allowed and after that all to be deleted.
6. Delete the word ‘Election’. ‘MP’. ‘Party from party worker, MLA, Punjab, Parliament
7. From the song No. 3, delete the visuals of scratching/ itching side portion by Sardar.
8. Delete the closeup shots of injecting the drugs wherever it appears.
9. Delete the shot of urinating by Tommy in front of the crowd.
10. Delete the line ‘Jamin Banzar le Aulad Kanjar’
11. Delete the name of dog as ‘Jacky Chain’.
Do you think this censorship is justified? Tell us your views in the comment section below!