Mumbai, Oct 19: Card games like Poker, Rummy and Teen Patti are synonymous with Diwali or Deepavali festival. With smartphone and internet revolution in India, Poker, Rummy and Teen Patti card games are now being played online. After all the cleaning, decoration and puja, families spend some fun time with Poker, Rummy and Teen Patti online card games. Before the tables are set, here is your guide to ‘how to play’, ‘rules’ and ‘cheat sheet’ for Poker, Rummy and Teen Patti. Check Simple Rangoli Designs For Diwali 2017Also Read - BlueStacks, Largest Android Gaming Platform For PCs, Tops 1 Billion Downloads
All the participants should agree on the value of the minimum stake while playing Poker, Rummy and Teen Patti. Every player gets three cards and the one with the highest ‘hand’ wins the game. If playing as ‘Blind’, players are not supposed to see their cards. One can use the option to pack, which means you drop your cards and opt out of the game. While playing as ‘Seen’, players need to judge their cards and estimate what others might have and play accordingly. (ALSO READ: Diwali 2017 Greetings: Messages & Photos To Send Your Friends And Family On the Festival Of Lights) Also Read - Online Gambling in Tamil Nadu to Invite Two Years Imprisonment, Fine Up to Rs 10,000
How to play Teen Patti:
Teen Patti is played with an international 52-card pack. The card rankings are in the usual order from Ace, which is the highest, down to 2 — the lowest. The players start off with the dealer and continue in a clockwise manner. Below are the details of hand order of ranking of cards: Also Read - Ek Chutki Sindoor? YouTube Channel Slammed For Adding 'Sindoor' to Anushka Sharma's Diwali Pictures, Twitter Asks Why
- Trio or Trail: Three similar cards. Three aces would mean highest and three 2s would be lowest.
- Straight run or Pure Sequence: Three consecutive cards of the same suit (diamonds, hearts, clubs or spades). A-2-3 is the highest straight run and 4-3-2 the lowest.
- Normal run or Sequence: Any three consecutive cards not belonging to the same suit.
- Colour: Any three cards of the same suit. The highest in colour is A-K-J and the lowest is 5-3-2.
- Pair: When a player has two cards of the same rank in hand. Between two players having a Pair, compare the similar cards first and the one with higher value wins the bet, if both players have the similar common card then the third one in the set decides their fortune. The highest pair hand is A-A-K and the lowest is 2-2-3.
- High card: If two players share a common high card in rank, the next highest card is used to determine the winner. The best hand of this type is A-K-J of mixed suits, and the worst is 5-3-2.
Tips for Poker:
In an interview, international Poker star Aditya Agarwal has shared some tips for those who are thinking to try their luck in the game. According to him, a player should always be aware of his/her bankroll and choose games accordingly. He suggests to put in hours in Poker and watch for as many hours you put in play.