Importance Gayatri Mantra for health: Growing up in an Indian household, we are often taught by our parents or teachers the ‘Gayatri Mantra’. Gayatri Mantra, also known as ”Savitri Mantra’, was originally written in the Vedas and the mantras as made up of 24 syllables. The mantra is chanted around the world with reverence and love.Also Read - Is Olive Oil Good For Your Health? 7 Myths About Olive Oil Busted
But did the importance and benefits of these mantras ever cross your mind? According to findings, it has been observed that chanting the mantras helps in bringing calmness and it also helps in relieving stress from your body. Chanting mantras are touted to be highly beneficial for our brains too. It is believed that these mantras bring positive vibration which eliminates negativity from our surroundings and minds. Also Read - New COVID Variant Omicron: Why is The New Variant Dangerous, Safety Measures And Everything You Need to Know
There are several benefits of chanting Gayatri Mantra, read on to find out about them: Also Read - Fat To Fit: Smriti Iran's Amazing Weight Loss Transformation Is Praiseworthy, Her Diet And Fitness Secrets Revealed | Watch Video
- Calms the mind and body: According to studies, chanting of mantras calms the mind. The moment one starts reciting the mantras, the mind releases the stress and it starts relaxing the body. The enunciations of the mantra send a vibration through the body which has proven to be extremely relaxing.
- Brings down the stress level: Mantras spreads positivity, it is an ancient practice that helps in calming the mind and soul. Scientific studies have shown that chanting mantras can reduce anxiety.
- Increases concentration and sharpens memory: Chanting helps in concentration and focus on a single task. Practicing Gayatri Mantra for 10-15 minutes every day can activate chakras on the face and head, which can result in improved concentration levels.
- Improves breathing: While chanting mantras, a person needs to take deep controlled breathing, which eventually helps to expand the lung function and improves breathing. It can also help to relieve the symptoms of Asthma, as chanting helps in making the lungs stronger.
- A Healthy Heart: As per the research done by the British Medical Journal, the synchronized beating and functioning of the heart along with the baroreflex sensitivity (a mechanism that helps keep your blood pressure in check) are parameters that help keep heart disease at bay.
Let’s chant our way to positivity, then.