Baby Corn Masala is a popular North Indian curry dish. Baby Corns are rich in fiber and low in calories, which means it is one of the best foods for those trying to lose weight. You can cook tasty Baby Corn Masala that could beat the taste of a restaurant made dish by following the steps provided below. You can have Baby Corn Masala with Roti, Naan, or Jeera rice. To know how to prepare this dish, watch out the video of its recipe. Also Read - Amritsari Fish Recipe: Here's How to Prepare This Scrumptious Appetizer
Recipe Also Read - Aloo Paratha Recipe: Try Out This Simple Yet Tasty North Indian Dish And Satisfy Your Taste Buds
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
Ready Time: 40 min
Servings: 2 Also Read - Aloo Tikki Recipe: Follow The Steps to Make This Popular Indian Street Food at Home
Baby Corn (diagonally chopped) – 100 grams
Oil – 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 10 nos
Ginger – 1 inch
Garlic – 5 cloves
Onion (chopped) – 2 nos
Tomato (chopped) – 2 nos
Cashew – 12 nos
Red Chilli Powder – ¾ tsp
Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
Water – ½ Cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Cloves – 2 nos
Cinnamon – 1 no
Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
Water – 2 Cups + 2 Cups
Salt – 1 ½ tsp
Kasuri Methi – ½ tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
How to Prepare Baby Corn Masala
1. Take a saucepan and put the baby corns along with 2 cups of water in it. Cook the baby corns for 6 mins and strain the water using a strainer. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, ginger, garlic, onion and saute until the mixture turns golden brown.
3. Add tomatoes and cook till they become soft.
4. Add Cashew nuts, red chilli powder, Garam Masala powder and cook till the raw smell goes.
5. Cool the mixture. Blend it along with ½ cup of water to form a paste using a mixer grinder.
6. Heat oil in a pan, add cloves, cinnamon, cumin seeds, baby corn and saute for 2 minutes.
7. Add 1 ½ tsp of salt, the prepared paste, 2 cups of water and cover cook it for 7 minutes.
8. Add Kasuri Methi and stir well on medium flame until the gray becomes a bit thick.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot with rice/paratha/pulao.