Milagu Kashayam is a healthy and immunity-boosting drink. Milagu Kashayam or Pepper Kashayam is easy to make and can be prepared in 25 minutes. Pepper Kashayam helps in preventing Fever, Cold, Cough, Throat Infection and also boosts our immunity. Pepper Kashayam is made using Black Peppercorn, Tulsi, Palm Sugar and Water. First, the Black Peppercorns are dry-roasted and then broke down into small powder using a Mortar and Pestle. Also Read - Learn to Make Banana Chocolate Smoothie, Give Your Tastebuds a Treat with This Drink| Watch
Watch the recipe of Milagu Kashayam here:
Also Read - How to Make Lemon Coriander Soup, an Healthy & Refreshing Soup Recipe| Watch
Ready Time: 20 mins Also Read - Egg Spinach Curry: Make Delicious Egg Spinach Curry in Just 40 Minutes- WATCH!
Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Black Peppercorn – ¼ cup
Tulsi (Basil) – 10 nos
Palm Sugar – 2 tbsp
Water – 2 cups
How to make Milagu Kashayam:
1. Add the black peppercorns in a pan and dry roast it till it sputters.
2. Using a mortar and pestle broke the roasted the black peppercorns into small pieces.
3. In a saucepan, add 2 cups of water.
4. Add the broken black peppercorns, tulsi, Palm sugar and mix well.
5. Simmer for 15 mins on medium flame.
6. Strain the kashayam using a strainer.
7. Kashayam is ready and it is useful in treating indigestion, cough and common cold.