Jalebi is an Indian dessert that’s popular across the world. To make Jalebi, you need to soak Urad dal for 8 hours, and then mix and grind it with rice and water to form a batter. Then, the batter is poured into a piping bag to start making crispy Jalebi. Jalebi is best to have with Rabri. Watch the recipe for the best Jalebi here. Also Read - Egg Curry Recipe: Here is How You Can Make Egg Curry at Home Within 25 Minutes
Also Read - Pallipalayam Chicken Recipe: Cook This South Indian Style Chicken Fry at Home And Enjoy a Comforting Meal
Recipe Also Read - Aloo Jeera Recipe: Here is How to Quickly Make Delicious Aloo Jeera
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Ready Time: 45 min
Urad Dal – 1 Cup
Rice – ¼ Cup
Orange Food Colour – ½ tsp mixed with 1 tbsp of water
Water – ½ Cup
Oil – To deep fry
Sugar – 2 cups
Water – 2 Cups
Lemon Slice – 2 nos
How to Make Jalebi
1. Wash and soak the urad dal for 8 hours.
2. Wash and soak the rice for 1 hour.
3. In a blender, grind the urad dal, rice adding some orange food colour and water into a smooth batter.
4. In a pan heat sugar and water with 2 small lime slices to prepare the sugar syrup. Boil until the sugar syrup reaches single thread consistency. Remove the lemon pieces
once the syrup starts to thicken.
5. In a deep frying pan, add oil and heat it.
6. Transfer the batter into a piping bag and cut the edge of the piping bag.
7. Pipe the jalebi batter in the oil in small circles and fry until the jalebi turns crispy.
8. Transfer it immediately to the warm sugar syrup. Dip in the syrup for 3-4 minutes, remove it and serve.