Aloo Gobi is a popular Indian Vegetarian starter recipe made with Potato and Cauliflower. Aloo Gobi or Potato Cauliflower Fry is a simple and tasty vegetarian starter dish, and it is packed with nutrition. Aloo Gobi is easy to cook and can be made in well under 30 minutes. Aloo Gobi is made with a good amount of Indian spices. Aloo Gobi is best to eat along with Rice/Chapati/Roti for lunch and dinner. Also Read - Good News For Train Travelers: IRCTC Resumes Food On Track Service on Train Berths
Watch the recipe for the best Aloo Gobi here:
Also Read - Holi 2021 ZEEL Cook-Off Challenge : 5 Secret Ingredients, No Gas, Watch Video To Know Who Took The Prize
Recipe: Also Read - Learn to Make Banana Chocolate Smoothie, Give Your Tastebuds a Treat with This Drink| Watch
Cooking Time: 15 min
Ready Time: 50 min
Soaking Time: 25 min
Preparation time: 10 min
Potato (diced) – 1 Cup
Cauliflower Florets – 1 Cup
Onion (finely chopped) – 1 no
Tomato (finely chopped) – 2 nos
Garlic (finely chopped) – 5 Cloves
Green Chilli (finely chopped) – 1 no
Oil – 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
Fennel Seeds – ¼ tsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
Salt – ¾ tsp
Water – 1 ¾ Cups
Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
How to make Aloo Gobi:
1. Heat oil in a Kadai, add cumin seeds, fennel seeds and let it splutter.
2. Add onion, garlic, green chilli and saute till it turns golden brown.
3. Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, saute till the tomatoes are mushy and the masalas are cooked.
4. Add potato, cauliflower florets and mix well.
5. Add 1 ¾ Cups of water cover and cook for 10 mins.
6. Open the lid, add garam masala powder, mix well and simmer for 2 mins.
7. Add the coriander leaves, mix and remove from the heat.
8. Serve hot with Chapati/roti.