Matar paneer gravy is a popular Indian gravy recipe. It is a rich and creamy vegetarian gravy dish. Matar paneer gravy is cooked with fresh peas and soft paneer pieces. Matar paneer base gravy is made using onions and tomatoes. Matar paneer gravy is loaded with Indian spices. It is served along with rotis, parathas, or phulkas. Watch the detailed recipe of matar paneer gravy below. Also Read - Mangalore Kori Sukka Recipe: Try Out This Delectable Dish at Home And Bring Great Flavours of The Konkan Coast
Also Read - Malai Kofta Recipe: Here's How to Make This Creamy North Indian Dish
Recipe Also Read - Maggi Bhel Recipe: This Fusion of Chinese And Indian Dish is a Hit
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
Ready Time: 35 min
Oil – 1 tbsp
Onion (thinly sliced) – 3 nos
Tomato (thinly sliced) – 3 nos
Ginger – ½ inch
Garlic – 3 cloves
Paneer – 200 grams
Green Peas – ½ Cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
Bay Leaf – 2 nos
Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
Green Chilli (slit) – 2 nos
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
Salt – ¾ tsp
Water – 2 tbsp + 1 ¾ Cups
Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
How to Prepare Matar Paneer Gravy
1. In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil, add sliced onions and saute until the onions turn golden brown.
2. Add the chopped garlic and ginger. Saute for a min.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
4. Cool this mixture down and grind it into a smooth paste using a mixer grinder.
5. In a pan, add 2 tbsp of oil. Once the oil is hot, add Bay leaf and cumin seeds. Allow the cumin seeds to splutter.
6. Add Kashmiri Chilli Powder, Coriander powder, Turmeric Powder and 2 tbsp of water. Cook the spices for a minute.
7. Add the onion tomato paste and cook for 3 mins.
8. Add 1 ¾ Cup of water and salt. Add the green peas, cover the pan and cook for 6 mins.
9. Add the paneer cubes and cook for 2 mins.
10. Add coriander leaves, mix well, remove from the heat.
11. Serve hot with roti/paratha/phulka.