Mutton Tawa Fry is a popular Non-Vegetarian starter recipe. The Mutton Tawa Fry is made with tender mutton chunks; the mutton pieces are cooked with aromatic Indian spices. First, the mutton pieces are boiled with the spices in a pressure cooker. In another Tawa, oil is added and onions, green chillis are cooked, once the Mutton is cooked, they are transferred into this Tawa and sauteed for seven minutes. Mutton Tawa Fry is best to eat as an appetizer.Also Read - Andhra Family Treats Future Son-in-Law With 365 Different Types of Food on Makar Sankranti
Watch the Recipe of best Mutton Fry here:
Also Read - 5 Delectable Almond Recipes You Must Try This Christmas
Recipe: Also Read - Vegan Christmas Recipes: Indulge in These 2 Lip-Smacking Delicacies
Cooking Time: 25 min
Ready Time: 35 min
Preparation Time: 10 min
To Cook the Mutton
Mutton (Boneless) – 250 grams
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala Powder – ¼ tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Onion (thinly sliced) – 1 no
Curd – ¼ Cup
Water – ½ Cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Onion (finely chopped) – 2 nos
Green Chilli – 2 nos
Curry Leaves – 10 nos
Salt – ½ tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – ¼ tsp
How to Make Mutton Tawa Fry:
1. In a pan, heat 2 tsp of oil. Add the thinly sliced onions and continue to saute until the onions are golden brown and crispy. Set the yielded fried onions aside.
2. In a pressure cooker, add the washed and cleaned mutton pieces, turmeric powder, Kashmir chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, ginger-garlic paste, salt, fried onion, curd and water. Mix well.
3. Pressure cook the mutton for 6 whistles.
4. Once the pressure settles, open the pan and continue to cook on a medium flame until most of the water evaporates.
5. In another Tawa or pan, add oil, finely chopped onions, sliced green chilli, curry leaves and saute until the onions are translucent.
6. Add the pressure cooked mutton pieces with the water.
7. Continue to saute the mutton pieces on a medium flame for 7 mins.
8. Add the black pepper powder and garam masala powder. Cook for 2 mins.
9. Remove from the heat and serve as an appetizer.