Raw Mango Fish Curry is a popular Sea Food curry recipe in South India. This Kerala styled Raw Mango Fish Curry is made with Sardine Fish and Raw Mango and cooked along with a Coconut Paste and a spice paste, which gives an authentic taste to the dish. The Raw Mango Fish Curry is easy to prepare and can be cooked well under 40 minutes. Raw Mango Fish Curry is best to serve along with steamed rice or idly.Also Read - Andhra Family Treats Future Son-in-Law With 365 Different Types of Food on Makar Sankranti
Watch the recipe for the best Raw Mango Fish Curry here:
Also Read - 5 Delectable Almond Recipes You Must Try This Christmas
Recipe: Also Read - Vegan Christmas Recipes: Indulge in These 2 Lip-Smacking Delicacies
Cooking Time: 20 min
Ready Time: 35 min
Preparation: 15 min
Sardine Fish (or any other fish) – 500 grams (25 nos)
Raw Mango (sliced) – 1 no
Onion (thinly sliced) – 1 no
Green Chilli (slit) – 5 nos
Curry Leaves – 15 nos
Salt – 2 ½ tsp
Water – 3 Cup
Garlic – 8 cloves
Ginger – 1 ½ inch
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tbsp
Water – ½ Cup
Coconut (grated) – 1 Cup
Water – ½ Cup
Coconut Oil – 3 tbsp
Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
Dried Red Chilli – 1 no
Shallots – 8 nos
Curry Leaves – 10 nos
Fenugreek Seeds – ½ tsp
How to make Raw Mango Fish Curry:
1. Using a pestle and mortar powder the fenugreek. Set this aside for tempering.
2. Grind all the ingredients mentioned under Masala paste and set aside.
3. Grind the grated coconut and water to form the coconut paste. Set this aside.
4. In a Kadai or Pot, add the thinly sliced onions, green chillies, curry leaves, ground masala paste, salt and water.
5. Place this pot or Kadai on a stove and bring it to a boil.
6. Add the raw mangoes and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Once the mangoes are cooked, add the coconut paste and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Once the curry reaches desired consistency, add the sardine fish pieces. Cook this for 3 minutes and remove the pot from the heat.
9. In a tempering pan, heat oil, add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start to splutter, add red chilli, shallots and curry leaves. Sprinkle the fenugreek powder and pour the tempering to the prepared curry.
10. Mix gently and serve hot with steamed rice.