Tawa Channa is a tasty and tangy Vegetarian recipe, and it is a popular North Indian recipe. Tawa Channa is made by pressure cooking Chickpea along with the freshly ground Masala powder that includes a wide range of Indian spices, dry Mango powder, chaat masala that gives a tangy flavor. Tawa Chana is easy to prepare and a highly nutritious recipe. Tawa Chana is best to eat along with Chapati/Roti/Indian Bread. Also Read - This Winter Season, Make Goan Fish Curry Your Go-to Food- WATCH Recipe
Watch the recipe for the best Tawa Chana here:
Also Read - Try This Soul Soothing and Refreshing Masala Chaas Recipe at Home| WATCH
Recipe: Also Read - Chettinad Pepper Chicken: Here's How You Can Make Finger-Licking Starter- WATCH Recipe
Cooking Time: 40 min
Ready Time: 10 min
Soaking Time: 8 hours
Soak and Pressure Cook:
Chickpea (Chana) – 1 Cup
Water – As needed + 2 ½ Cups
Salt – ½ tsp
Tawa Masala Powder:
Coriander Seeds – ½ tsp
Cumin Seeds – ¼ tsp
Fennel Seeds – ¼ tsp
Black Peppercorn – ½ tsp
Cloves – 1 no
Cinnamon – ¼ inch
Star Anise – ½ no
Mace – ¼ tsp
Green Cardamom – 1 no
Black Cardamom – ½ no
Dried Kashmiri Red Chilli – 2 no
Butter – 2 tbsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Onion (finely chopped) – 1 no
Tomato (finely chopped) – 1 no
Green Chilli (finely chopped) – 1 no
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
Dry Mango Powder – 1 tsp
Chaat Masala Powder – ½ tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Water – ¼ Cup + ¼ Cup
Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
How to Make Tawa Chana:
1. Soak the chickpea in water for 8 hrs.
2. In a pressure cooker add 2 cups of water, ½ tsp of salt, soaked chickpea and pressure cook it for 15 mins.
3. Heat a pan, add all the ingredients under “Tawa masala powder” and dry roast until aromatic.
4. Once cool, add the dry roasted ingredients to a mixer grinder and grind into a fine powder.
5. In a Tawa, heat butter, oil, add onion, green chilli and saute till it turns translucent.
6. Add tomato, ginger garlic paste and cook till the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
7. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder, chaat masala powder, ground Tawa masala powder, ½ tsp of salt and saute for a minute.
8. Add ¼ Cup of water and cook the spice powders.
9. Add the cooked chickpea, ¼ Cup of water and mix well.
10. Stir fry for 5 mins on medium flame.
11. Add coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati/roti.