Chicken Pepper Soup / Kozhi Milagu Rasam is a healthy and simple to cook Soup recipe. The gentle mix of pepper, ginger, garlic along with the chicken stock provides a soothing effect. Chicken Pepper Soup is made by boiling the Chicken bones to which the ground pepper spice mix is added. Chicken Pepper Soup is known for its health benefits, it helps in relieving sore throat and cold and also helps indigestion. Also Read - Watch: This is a Must Try Recipe For All You Chicken Biryani Lovers!
Watch the recipe here: Also Read - Watch: Ever Heard of Chettinad Chicken? Here's One of The Tastiest Chicken Recipe Ever!
Also Read - Watch: This Chana Masala Recipe is Just The Best, Treat Your Tastebuds Now!
Chicken bones – 250 gram
Shallots (Small Onion) – 15 nos
Tomato – 1 no
Jeera – 1 tsp
Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
Ginger – ½ inch
Garlic – 6 pods
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Gingelly Oil – 1 tbsp
Coriander Leaves – ¼ Cup
Salt – 2 tsp
Water – 750 ml
Recipe for chicken pepper soup:
1. Dry roast and grind peppercorns and jeera into a powder and keep aside
2. In a pressure cooker, add gingelly oil and finely chopped shallots and saute for 2 minutes on medium heat.
3. Crush the ginger and garlic in a pestle and mortar and add it to the pressure cooker, cook until raw smell goes.
4. Add the chopped tomato and cook for another 30 seconds.
5. Now add the washed and cleaned chicken with bones to the pan.
6. Add turmeric powder, salt and ground powder, cook for a further 3 minutes.
7. Add 750 ml of water and pressure cook for 6-7 whistles or 12 minutes
8. Open the pan, add pepper powder, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.