Egg 65 is a quick and simple protein-packed South Indian starter recipe. Egg 65 is a great and delicious alternative to Chicken 65. Egg 65 is made by boiling the eggs first and then batter frying the eggs in the Besan Flour and spice mix. Then the batter-fried eggs are tossed in a pan with the sauce, chili, and coriander leaves. Egg 65 is best to eat as an appetizer. This tasty Egg 65 can be made in 30 minutes. Watch out the detailed recipe here: Also Read - Watch: This is a Must Try Recipe For All You Chicken Biryani Lovers!
Also Read - Watch: Ever Heard of Chettinad Chicken? Here's One of The Tastiest Chicken Recipe Ever!
Ingredients: Also Read - Watch: This Chana Masala Recipe is Just The Best, Treat Your Tastebuds Now!
Egg – 6 nos
Water – 4 Cups
Egg white – 1 no
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves (finely chopped) – 15 nos
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder -¼ tsp
Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
Black Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Besan Flour – 3 tbsp
Corn Flour – 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Oil – To Deep Fry
Oil – 1 tbsp
Garlic (finely chopped) – 3 cloves
Dried Red Chilli – 1 no
Curry Leaves – 10 nos
Tomato Sauce – 3 tbsp
Salt – A pinch
Green Chilli (finely chopped) – 1 no
Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
Recipe for Egg 65:
1. Place the eggs on a saucepan, add 4 cups of water, bring the water to a boil, cover and cook the eggs for 9 minutes.
2. Once the eggs cool, remove the shells of the eggs and cut them into halves.
3. Remove the egg yolks and fine chop the egg whites.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder, coriander powder, salt, besan flour, cornflour, lemon juice, egg white and mix well.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan, add small balls of the egg batter and fry until crispy. It would take around 4 mins. Remove from the heat.
6. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic, dried red chilli, curry leaves and saute for a minute.
7. Add tomato sauce, a pinch of salt and mix well.
8. Add the deep-fried egg balls, green chilli and toss on a high flame.
9. Add coriander leaves, mix well and remove from the heat.
10. Serve hot as an appetizer.