By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts Cookies Policy.
Step up Your Leftovers With Shirish’s Turkey Kheema Recipe
Ground Turkey can only be cooked in so many ways—or so you would think. This might be because you haven’t tried Shirish’s take on Turkey Kheema.
[Photo Credit: Pinterest]
Ground turkey can only be cooked in so many ways—or so you would think. This might be because you haven’t tried Shirish’s take on turkey kheema. This dish can be eaten with chapati, naan or bread. It also makes a good filling for zucchini boats or stuffed sweet peppers, which means you can step up your leftover game!
You may like to read
Serving Size: 5-10
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 5 cloves of garlic grated
- 1 ginger, grated
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced or chopped according to preference
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1 tablespoon no salt seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- 1.5 tablespoon Kolhapuri jaggery
- 1 cup ketchup or 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons EVOO or avocado oil or coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 large lemon or lime.
1. Brown the ground turkey in a large wok and set aside in another bowl. (No oil needed when browning the meat.)
2. Add the oil to the wok and place on high heat until small bubbles appear on the bottom of the vessel.
3. Add the onions and move around until they start to turn translucent.
4. Lower heat to medium-high and add the grated ginger and garlic. Keep moving the contents around in the wok for a minute, then add the ground coriander, cumin, and five-spice powder.
5. Reduce heat to medium and continue pan-frying until the onions have turned golden brown.
6. Add the ketchup or tomato paste and jaggery. Continue stirring until the mixture loses its bright red color and turns a little darker red.
7. Add the peas and stir for a couple of minutes.
8. Add the browned ground meat and no-salt seasoning or salt, and stir all ingredients mixing thoroughly for another three to four minutes.
9. Add one of the two cups of chopped cilantro and stir into this rest of the ingredients.
10. Add one cup of water and raise heat to high, bringing the contents to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer till the liquid turns into a thick gravy, stirring occasionally.
11. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon or lime over the dish and stir to mix thoroughly.
12. Serve hot with the remaining cup of chopped cilantro liberally sprinkled over the meat.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Food News on India.com.