Also Read - COVID-19 Third Wave: Guidelines on How to Protect Children From Coronavirus Infection
Unwanted dark spots, scars and acne are the worst things to deal with but there are ways to lighten these spots. Here are a couple of home remedies that can be found in the kitchen to clear dark spots in just a matter of two weeks to a month. Also Read - Can Your Brain Find Out if a Bad Event is About to Happen? This Study Says so
Also Read - Pooja Batra Performs Floating Camel Asana With Effortless Ease in New Yoga Post
Not may people may know that potatoes lighten dark spots. One way to use potatoes is by slicing a potato and placing it right on top of the dark spots. Leave it on for a few minutes before washing your face with warm water.
Potatoes can also be combined with honey to use as a facemask.
- A potato
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Grate the potato and mix honey with it.
- Apply it to the areas of the dark spots and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the affected area with water.
Buttermilk fades away black spots and can do so without causing a stinging burn.
- 4 teaspoons of buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons of tomato juice
- Mix the buttermilk and the tomato juice together.
- Apply to the skin.
- Let this sit on the dark spots for 15 minutes before washing the areas.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is quite a common ingredient that can solve all your worries in as short as two weeks.
- Pour it on a cotton ball and rub it on the dark spot for a few minutes.
Lemons can also be combined with a teaspoon of yogurt or oil to balance the skin tone.
This is a breakfast meal is the savor to having perfect skin.
- Grind half a cup of rolled oats and add the1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice so that it forms a paste.
- Scrub this paste on your skin.
- Leave it on for a15 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
I must warn you that this can be a messy mask to apply and clean up. Follow this treatment once or twice a week.
Using milk on the body can reduce skin pigmentation over time and keep your skin glowing.
- Simply, soak a cotton ball in milk and lightly dab it on the skin for 10 minutes.
- Continue this routine twice a day for about four weeks.
Milk can also be missed with honey to strengthen the removal of dark spots even quicker. If you decide to use this remedy, leave it on for 10 minutes.
6. Aloe Vera
This cold gel may make you feel awkward, but it heals more than cuts on the skin.
- Gently massage the aloe vera gel on the affected area with your fingertips. Do this home remedy up to two times a day and you’ll start seeing progress in a few weeks.
If it becomes messy, use a clean cloth soaked in warm water to remove the mask. Follow this treatment once or twice a week.
Vitamin E oil and castor oil, too, are useful in getting rid of black spots.
7. Turmeric powder
Turmeric powder is absolutely an amazing resource to lighten dark spots. Unlike the other home remedies, turmeric has to be combined with other resources. Expect fast results in as little as two weeks if it’s used daily. Here’s the first method to try
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1-2 teaspoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix these three ingredients together until it forms a paste that is not too thick but not too liquid-y either.
- Leave this on for 20 minutes before rising with water.
It may take a couple of rinses to fully get the residue off the dark spots like if it’s on the face. Do this routine daily for two weeks and you will see a big difference in no time.
If you don’t have milk or lemon juice in the kitchen you can also substitute it with olive oil and honey. Honey is sweet, but it lightens scars.
8. Tumeric Powder (Part 2)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1-2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- Mix these three ingredients and follow the same procedure.
Papaya has enzymes called papain that can balance skin tones and exfoliates the skin. It acts as its own scrub that many people use on elbows and knees. Use the pulp of the papaya and apply it to the affected areas. Let it work its magic for 20 minutes before washing it off.
Another papaya home remedy to try is with combining it with lime juice.
- 1 green papaya
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- First, grate a green papaya and add 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Once it’s mixed well apply to the skin.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse with water.
10. Sugar Cube
- Use sugar cubes to lightly scrub away the black spots away on a daily basis.
Sugar cubes are a great way to exfoliate the blemishes on the body.
11. Onion Juice
Onions make you cry, but they treat your skin well in reducing black spots.
- Rub onions directly on affected areas two to three times a day.