Losing weight is not a cakewalk, it takes time, patience, and consistency to reach your target weight. Don’t fall for the fad diets which promises quick weight loss. Experts suggest that to lose weight in a healthy manner, one should always opt for a well-balanced diet, as it is sustainable and easy to follow.Also Read - Health Tips : Ghee Vs Oil, Why Is Ghee Better Than Other Oil? Watch Video To Find
A well-balanced diet helps in improving overall health. It means eating foods from the five major groups, including a variety of food can help in getting all the nutrients. But nutritional requirement depends on person’s age, sex, body weight and physiological status, according to a report by NDTV food. Also Read - Lean PCOS: How is it Different Than Regular PCOS, Causes And Treatment
So, here’s a list of nutrients you should include in your diet to boost your metabolism and help you in quick weight loss. Also Read - Feelings Vs Emotions: What is The Difference Between Them? Watch Video To Find Out
- Protein: If you have been on a weight loss journey, then you know the importance of including protein in your diet. Protein helps in weight loss, and it also helps in keeping you full for long which means that you don’t have to eat junk food. You can include eggs, chicken, dal, oats, ragi in your diet to get protein.
- Fibre: Adding a good amount of fibre helps in weight loss as it promotes digestion and metabolism. You can get your daily dose of fibre by adding nuts, dal, whole grain, green vegetables etc.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: They are a family of essential fatty acids that play vital roles in our body and may provide a number of health benefits. As our body cannot produce them on its own, it becomes wise to get them from our diet. There are three most important types- ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid). ALA is majorly found in plants, while DHA and EPA are prevalent in animal foods and algae. It helps in reducing belly fat. You can add fish, nuts and green veggies to get omega-3 fatty acids.
- Vitamin C: Vitamins are an essential component in your quest for perfect glowing skin, as well as numerous other health benefits. It boosts the immune system and increases the body’s ability to withstand stressful situations. Vitamin C helps in flushing out toxins, and prevent the body from free radical damages, as per the NDTV report. It is rich in antioxidants, helps in detox and speeds up the weight loss process. Include amla, orange and other citrus fruits.
- Potassium: By switching to a potassium-rich diet you can prevent excess fluid retention, build muscle, balance electrolytes, and aids metabolic activities. As per a study published in the journal Nutrients, researchers from Tel Aviv University say, “An increase in dietary potassium consumption emerged as a previously unrecognized, independent, and major predictor of the achieved reduction in BMI.” You can include rajma or kidney beans, chickpeas, fish, banana and flax seeds.
- Iron: Iron-rich diet helps to prevent iron deficiency and it also carry oxygen to our body cells and muscles, iron helps in carrying oxygen to our body cells and muscles which helps burning body fat. For instance you can add beet fruits, prawns or dry fruits.
- Zinc: Including zinc in your diet can have help in shedding those extra kilos. You can eat almonds, sesame seeds, dal and paneer to ger zinc.
Add these nutrients to your diet to get the best results.