Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders will face each other at MA Chidambaram stadium in Chennai in order to claim the top stop in the league table. Both these teams have been amongst the most consistent ones over the years in the IPL and the two share 4 IPL trophies amongst them. Kolkata may enter the game without the services of Sunil Narine, but their bowling line-up is still strong enough to run through nay batting side in the tournament. Chennai on the other hand have been unstoppable except the odd loss against the Rajasthan Royals. Both the teams’ boast of a bunch of match winning game changers, here we take a look at some of the best players in display.
1. Gautam Gambhir: Gambhir has been the only batsman who has been consistent amongst the Kolkata batting order. He has already scored 3 half centuries in the tournament carrying the entire batting line up on his back. He would be once again looking to deliver the same level of performance and lead his team to victory over their arch nemesis. Gambhir has shown over the years that he is an excellent leader and what would be a better way to show that than winning a third IPL trophy. Also Read: Today’s Prediction, Current Points Table and Schedule for upcoming matches of IPL 8.
2. Umesh Yadav: Yadav has gone rather unnoticed this tournament, but his performances with the ball have been rather consistent over the season. He has been very economical with the ball and has picked up early wickets. The captain has used him well at the end too, restricting other teams to subpar totals. With Chennai boasting of players that can destroy any bowling line up, Yadav becomes a key to an already eroded bowling department of KKR.
3. Brendon McCullum: What can you say about McCullum that hasn’t already been said? A player who can destroy the confidence and aggression in any bowler, we have seen him take on pacers around the world charging them as if they were spinners. Although he has failed a couple of times this season, if there is one thing consistent about the kiwi captain, it’s his appetite of runs. Also Catch the updated Points Table of Pepsi IPL 2015 here.
4. Dwayne Smith: Dwayne Smith playing for CSK is a completely different player than Dwayne Smith playing for the West Indies. He has been once again taking the IPL by storm, scoring freely and giving the Super Kings great starts throughout. Smith, who is full of power and strength, is known for muscling the ball out of the ground and he does that with utmost pleasure. Already a major contender for the orange cap, he would like to claim the coveted price, one that he was denied of in the last season.
5. Ashish Nehra: Nehra has been the perfect example of old is gold in IPL 8. With 12 wickets and 3 man of the match awards in his bag, he is one of the major contenders for the player of the tournament award so far. He has won matches on his own for the Super Kings. Bowling with pace and swing and aggression that had long been missing from his bowling, it looks like Nehra seems determined for one last ride in the blue jersey based on his performances in the yellow one. Check Out: IPL 2015 Schedule – All Match Fixtures and Complete Time Table of IPL.