When Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) will take on the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) in their 5th match of the IPL 2015 season, they will be looking to close that gap between them and the Rajasthan Royals (RR) at the top of the table. Kolkata have not put a foot wrong since their defeat at the hands of the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in their second game. On the other hand the Sunrisers Hyderabad have not put a foot right after their win against the RCB.
1. Gautam Gambhir: The KKR captain already has 3 half centuries to his name in this season and has given the Knight Riders the strong starts that they have needed at the top. With an eye on a spot in the Indian team, Gambhir will be looking to continue his good form. KKR love chasing and his form will be key for their success in this game as well. Also Read- Kolkata Knight Riders Team Profile.
2. Yusuf Pathan: Without anyone even noticing him, something very rare with the way he plays; Yusuf Pathan has played at least 2 match winning knocks in the IPL so far. He is extremely dangerous if you pit him against a team in Indian conditions. Yusuf can make or break a match; such is the aura of the cricketer. The last match that he played against the Sunrisers saw him score 72 of just 22 deliveries, giving the Knight Riders a place in the top 2 of the table.
3. Umesh Yadav: When you bowl with the likes of Sunil Narine and Morne Morkel you tend to get unnoticed and the same has been the case with this young Indian pacer. He has bowled fast and has almost matched up the pace of the fiery Protean at the other end. HE has picked up wickets and has been economical at the same time. The Knight riders will once again be asking him to deliver the same level of dedication towards his bowling and provide them with a fruitful performance that can be match changing.
4. David Warner: Warner has been the lone warrior with the bat for the Sunrisers so far this season as the rest have been inconsistent at best. He is most important batsman for them in the side with the likes of Dhawan and Williamson looking out of touch. He would be expected to score a big one Wednesday afternoon against the Knight riders if the Sunrisers are to have any chance at winning the game. Also Read- Sunrisers Hyderabad Team Profile.
5. Trent Boult: Steyn was picked instead of Boult in the last game and even though he was not bad with the ball, he wasn’t quite at the level that Boult had performed in the earlier outings. Trent Boult has arguably been in the form of his life and not playing him again such a batting heavy side will not do the Sunrisers any good. What this might also do is give the viewers a chance to see Steyn and Boult bowl together. Check Out: IPL 2015 Schedule – All Match Fixtures and Complete Time Table of IPL. Written by Abhimanyu Shahi.