Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) notified IAS Examination (Civil Services) 2015 on May 23, 2015. IAS Preliminary Examination for the recruitment to the services and posts mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 23 August 2015. The total number of posts is approximately 1129 which includes 29 vacancies reserved for Physically handicapped category. The final number of vacancies may undergo change after getting firm number of vacancies from cadre controlling authorities. Last date for the Application is June 19, 2015. Also Read - This Company is Paying its Employees ₹ 4 Lakhs for Just Wearing Slippers 12 Hrs a Day
Last date for the Application: June 19, 2015 Also Read - Indian Army 2021: Apply For 194 Religious Teachers Post At joinindianarmy.nic.in NOW
Examination Notice Number: 09/2015-CSP Also Read - Rajasthan RSMSSB Forester & Forest Guard Recruitment 2021: 1128 Vacancies Notified | Check Details & Apply ASAP
Notification Publication Date: 23 May 2015
Details of posts
Total number of posts: 1129 out of which 29 vacancies are reserved for Physically handicapped category, i.e. 13 vacancies for LDCP, 5 vacancies for B/LV and 11 vacancies for hearing impaired. Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes. Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically Disabled Categories in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government. After passing the civil services examination candidates can be recruited to one of the following services:
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (DANICS)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’ (DANIPS)
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B
Nationality: For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India. For other services, a candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Age limit: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2015 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1983 and not later than 1st August, 1994. The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
(i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
(ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
(iii) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st December, 1989.
(iv) upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
(v) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2015 and have been released:
(i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2015 otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
(ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
(iii) on invalidment.
(iv) Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2015 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
(v) upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped persons.
Minimum educational qualification: The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Plan of Examination
The Civil Services (IAS) Examination 2015 will consist of two successive stages:
- Civil Services/IAS (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main examination; and
- Civil Services/IAS (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various services and posts noted above.
Applications are now invited for the Civil Services/IAS (Preliminary) Examination only. Candidates who are declared by the commission to have qualified for admission to the Civil Services (Main) Examination will have to apply online again, in the Detailed Application Form (DAF) which would be made available to them. The Main Examination is likely to be held in December 2015.
How to apply
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website. Click here for brief instructions about filling up the Online Application Form.
- Starting date of registration: May 23, 2015
- Last date for online registration: June 19, 2015
- Date of examination: August 23, 2015
Image courtesy: Photos.com