Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited applications for the recruitment of Deputy Director, Joint Director, Assistant Professor and Junior Time Scale. The candidates who are eligible for the posts are required to apply online through prescribed format before the last date i.e December 1, 2016. The interested and willing candidates should read the complete advertisement to know Important Dates, Details of posts, Eligibility Criteria, Educational Qualification, Age Limit, How to apply, and other details.
About UPSC: UPSC consists of a chairman and ten members. The terms and conditions of service of chairman and members of the Commission are governed by the Union Public Service Commission (Members) Regulations, 1969. The Chairman and other members of the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) are appointed by the President of India. At least half of the members of the Commission are Civil Servants (working or retired) with minimum ten years of experience either in Central or State service.
Details of Posts for UPSC Recruitment 2016
Name of Post
No of Vacancies
Deputy Director (Aircraft Engineering) in
Directorate General of Civil Aviation, Ministry of Civil Aviation
₹ 15,600-39,100 ( PB-3) + ₹ 7,600 (Grade Pay)
Joint Director General in National
Museum, Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India, Janpath, New Delhi
₹ 37400-67000 with Grade Pay ₹ 8,700 (Grade Pay)
Assistant Professor (Survey and
Engineering) in Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy, P.O. New Forest,
Dehradun, Department of Forests & Wildlife, Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
₹ 15,600-39,100 (
PB-3) + ₹ 5,400 (Grade Pay)
Junior Time Scale (JTS) Grade of
Central Labour Service (Group ‘A’ Organized Service) consisting of the posts of Assistant Labour Commissioner (Central)/ Assistant Welfare Commissioner (Central)/ Assistant Labour Welfare Commissioner (Central)/ Assistant Director, Ministry of Labour & Employment
₹ 15,600-39,100 (PB-3) + ₹ 5,400 (Grade Pay)
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Recruitment 2016
Educational Qualification and Experience:
Deputy Director (Aircraft Engineering)
(1) Degree in Aeronautical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Mechanical/ Metallurgical Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent.
(2) 08 years’ experience in aeronautical research and development or design or laboratory investigation of failed aircraft parts/ Flight Recorders involved in accident/ incident or Airworthiness Engineering.
Joint Director General
(1) Master’s degree from a University recognized university by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in Museology or History of Art or History or Sanskrit or Pali or Prakrit or Persian or Arabic or Archaeology or Anthropology or Fine Arts or Chemistry.
(2) 12 years’ of experience at a level of Curator and above in a Museum of National or International repute along with evidence of published research work.
Assistant Professor (Survey and Engineering)
(1) Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University.
(2) 03 years experience in Survey and Engineering.
Junior Time Scale
(1) Degree of a recognized University;
(2) Diploma in Social Work or Labour Welfare or Industrial Relations or Personnel Management or Labour Law from a recognized University or Institution.
Selection Process for UPSC Recruitment 2016
The selection of the candidates will be based on the performance in Interview (or) Recruitment Test followed by Interview.
Application Fee: Candidates are required to pay a fee of ₹ 25/- only either by remitting the money in any branch of the SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of the SBI or by using visa/ master credit/ debit card. No fee for SC/ ST/ PH/ Women candidates of any community.
How to Apply for UPSC Recruitment 2016
The interested and eligible candidates are required to submit Online Recruitment Application (ORA) on or before December 1, 2016