After Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli tied the knot in a secret ceremony in Italy’s Tuscany we were left in awe and amazement with the gorgeousness of the countryside. The couple finally acknowledged that they had taken the plunge on social media with pictures that instantly went viral. Soon reports started making the rounds that Bollywood’s ‘It’ couple Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh would be tying the knot in a private ceremony at Italy’s famous and picturesque Lake Como.
Some pictures of this gorgeous destination:
Here are some of the reasons that this gorgeous destination is a popular one for big fat elaborate weddings.
- Italy is one of the gastronomical capitals of the world with amazing wines, pizzas, kinds of pasta, truffles, gelato and more to name a few delicacies that are popular in the region.
- It is perfect for a lake view wedding and to tie nuptials in a private manner. There are also beautiful lakeside villas that make it a favoured destination for celebrities in the east and west.
- The location is private and easily accessible, therefore the logistic won’t be nightmarish and yet there would be a feeling of exclusiveness.
- Italy is very well located in Europe, therefore, planning a romantic honeymoon to nearby countries will not be a difficulty.
- It is a popular destination for Hollywood celebrities like George Clooney, Madonna, Gianni Versace, Richard Branson etc have been rumoured to have houses in this posh region.