Chef Gaurav Malhotra, Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre tells you how to cook up this classic American recipe.
Grilled Cheese Hot Dog
Grilled cheese dog
Hot dog buns 01
Butter softened 02 tbsp
Garlic powder ¼ tsp
Onion powder ¼ tsp
Hot dogs split lengthwise 01
Shredded cheddar 30 gm
Green onions sliced 20 gm
1. Flatten hot dog buns with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, stir together butter, garlic powder, and onion powder. Spread all over outsides of buns.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, sear hot dogs until charred, 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
3. Place a bun buttered-side down in skillet and top with cheddar cheese, a hot dog, a little more cheddar cheese, and green onions.
4. Cover and cook over medium heat until cheese melts, then use a spatula to close the bun. Repeat to make more cheese dogs.
Classic Hot Dog (Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre)
Classic Hot Dog
Classic Hot dog
Hot dogs halved lengthwise 02
Ham slices 04
Hot dog bun split lengthwise 01
Yellow mustard ¼ tbsp
Swiss cheese slices 04
Dill pickle 06
Butter softened 02tbsp
1. Preheat a sandwich press or a large cast-iron skillet or grill pan over medium-high. Add hot dogs and ham and cook, turning one time, until lightly charred and warmed through, about 4 minutes for the hot dogs and 1 minute for the ham. Set aside on a plate.
2. Lay bread on a work surface, open sides up, and spread both halves with mustard and top with Swiss. Add hot dogs, pickles, and ham to the bottom half of each bun. Gently press.
3. Spread butter all over the outside of the buns and return to press, skillet, or griddle, flipping one time, until the outside is golden and the cheese is melted about 5 minutes. If using a cast-iron skillet or grill pan, use a second pan to press the bun.
4. Slice in half and serve.