With a complete nationwide lockdown, gyms and health clubs across India have shut down. This happened to prevent the gathering of people and curtail the spread of COVID-19 as much as possible. But these limitations should not stop you from being healthy and following your normal workout routine. In fact, at this time, you need to indulge in exercises more than ever to boost your immunity as it can help you fight against the coronavirus infection effectively. So, here we tell you about a certain simple yoga poses that you can strike at home and keep your immunity level optimum. Also Read - Priyanka Chopra Jonas Uncovers Coronavirus Myths With WHO Experts- Watch Video
It is one of the simplest yet effective immunity boosting yoga poses. Pranayama works by instilling positive energy and fresh air in the body. It also reduces the level of stress hormone called cortisol and protects your heart too. Also Read - Coronavirus Lockdown: ICC Video Conference on Friday to Discuss Contingency Plans
How to perform: Also Read - Trending Bollywood News: Rishi Kapoor Gets Trolled by Netizens For Sharing Sexist Joke During Coronavirus Lockdown
- To begin, sit straight on a yoga mat.
- Keep your spine erect and legs crossed.
- Extend your body and inhale a deep breath and slowly exhale.
- Keep doing this, sitting on the same positing for at least 10 breaths.
Also know as fish pose, Matsyasana is a immunity boosting pose. Performing it daily can boost your energy level and detoxify your body. It can also relieve congestion by opening up nasal passage.
How to perform:
- Lie down straight on a yoga mat.
- Now, elevate your head a bit and raise your chest.
- Make sure your arms are wide open and shoulders are easy.
- Also, your palm should face up and your chest should be relaxed.
- Continue to hold this position for at least 3-4 minutes.
Also known as ‘legs up the wall pose, Viparita Karani improves the blood flow in your body and improves connections between nerves. This is how it boosts your health. Those who are going through fertility issues can also perform this yoga pose for benefits.
How to perform:
- Begin with lying on the floor placing your hands beneath your body.
- Also, your arms should be on both the sides and palms should face upwards.
- Slowly, start raising your legs, holding your hips.
- Make sure your legs are at right angle to your torso.
- Maintain this position for approximately 10-15 minutes.