It wouldn’t be wrong to say that aamras and aamrakhand are THE most popular Indian mango desserts. In summer, these mango desserts are made across many homes in India. Mangoes are full of nutrients that make them one of the best fruits you can indulge in. Mangoes have Vitamin A, beta-carotene, alpha-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin, dietary fibre and minerals that can improve your immunity, your vision, your digestion and give you healthy skin. Owing to lack of time and inspiration, many of us opt to buy readymade products from supermarkets. But, these are usually full of food additives like colours, preservatives and artificial flavours. Why not try making aamras and aamrakhand at home this year? These yummy mango recipes have been provided by Maharaj Jodharam Choudhary, Corporate Chef, Khandani Rajdhani.Also Read - Dubai Creates Fake Rain Using Drones As Temperature Soars Over 50 Degrees | Watch
Ripe mangoes 1 kilogram Also Read - Beat The Heat With These 5 Summer Coolers
Saffron (kesar) 1/4 teaspoon Also Read - 5 Fruit Combinations That You Must Avoid
Milk, chilled 2 1/2 cups
Peel the mangoes and roughly cut them into cubes. Put the cubes in a mixer jar. Add milk and saffron and blend till smooth. You could add sugar if you want. Pour into individual bowls and chill. Serve with chapati or puri.
Aamrakhand (Photo Credit: Khandani Rajdhani)
Shrikhand flavoured with ripe mango
1/4 kilo chakka (hung curd)
1 cup alphonso mango pulp
4 pieces cardamom/ Eliachi grinded
1 pinch nutmeg /jaifal powder
4 sticks saffron
1. Put the chakka in the mixer and grind for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the mixer and put it in a big bowl.
2. Now put mango pulp in a mixer and turn on the mixer for 2 minutes. Make sure you get a smooth consistency. Do not add any water. Now put it into the bowl along with chakka.
3. Now add elaichi, jaifal powder and saffron into the bowl. Use a spoon or hand mixer to mix the contents properly. You could add a bit of sugar as per the sweetness of the mango.
4. Once thoroughly mixed, pour the contents in another container with cover. Use either steel, glass or plastic container for storage.
5. Put the container in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. Aamrakhand can be served with chapati or puri.