Do you want luscious and fuller lips? Attractive luscious lips make the face look even more attractive. Everyone is attracted to a sexy pout and these days with the selfie craze, having perfect features naturally or by means of cosmetic products has become important for a lot of people out there. Although not everyone is lucky enough to have a beautiful big pout, but now you can get fuller lips with some simple tips and tricks. Also Read - Weight Lifting, Sleeping Face-Down And More: Here're 5 Lifestyle Habits That May be Ageing Your Skin
To have attractive, fuller lips you don’t have to go for injections and enhancement fillers or painful and expensive collagen and botox injections. Instead, opt for these simple yet effective beauty hacks to get fuller lips. Also Read - A Complete Guide to Help Revive Monsoon Damaged Hair
1. Exfoliate your lips
Also Read - Try These Effective DIY Remedies to Deal With Dry Skin
Just like exfoliation of skin is a must to get rid of dead skin and get glowing skin, same way exfoliation of your lips will make your lips look good. Exfoliate your lips with a lip exfoliator or a toothbrush. It will help you brush off flakes and boost blood circulation, making your lips appear pink. Also, it will have a temporary plumping effect on your lips. Do this process gently as your lips are sensitive when compared to the rest of the skin on your body. Make sure you moisturize your lips with a lip balm after exfoliation. (ALSO READ: How to get pink lips naturally at home: 13 effective home remedies to get back your naturally soft and pink lips).
2. Use peppermint oil
Peppermint oil causes swelling in your lips which makes them appear fuller. It enhances microcirculation in your lips, making it numb and plumper after the light stinging sensation. It acts as a natural lip plumper and will leave you with fuller lips and a natural pink tint. The oil will increase the blood circulation, so it is a nice option to use topically to get fuller lips as peppermint oil is easily available. (ALSO READ: Best 4 matte lipsticks under Rs 500 that you need to try this winter!).
3. Use cinnamon oil
Using cinnamon oil is another option to get the perfect pout. Though directly applying cinnamon oil to lips can cause irritation, so it is advisable to mix the cinnamon oil to your lip balm and then use it. Cinnamon irritates and inflames the uppermost layer of your skin, due to which the blood flow increases in this area. This will give you red and fuller lips. Do a skin patch test before trying this on your lips. But don’t use it often, try sticking to this method twice a week for plumped lips. (ALSO READ: Winter skin care: Best 5 lip balms to care for your dry lips this winter season).
4. Lip exercises
Regular lip exercise can help stimulate collagen production, which will give your luscious, plumped lips. There are a couple of exercises that you can try to get the perfect pout:
- Whistle: Start whistling! When you whistle, your lip muscles become active, this supports to make them look plumped.
- Pucker up your lips: Pucker up your lips as if you are kissing and hold this position for a couple of seconds, repeat this at least 10 times a day.
- Move from side to side: Press your lips together and move it from left to right and then right to left. Repeat this five times. This will boost the volume of your lips.
- Rotate them: Press your lips together and rotate in clockwise motion thrice, and then in anti-clockwise direction.
5. Use makeup
- Use concealer: You can use makeup to get lovely plump looking lips. Start by using concealer on your face by patting it and spreading it over your lip line, this will create a fake canvas. Then apply the lipstick, this will create fake fuller looking lips. Your lipstick color will pop once you use this trick!
- Use lip pencil: The most obvious method to define lips in an exaggerated way is to use a lip pencil and overdraw your lip line. Trace just slightly outside your natural lip line, with the liner and fill your lips with the same lip pencil or a matching lip color.
- Use lip gloss: Using lip gloss for plumper looking lips needs a little bit of perfection. Do not apply it all over, instead, dab it only in the middle of your lips. You can use a clear shade or one that matches with your lipstick. When you apply the gloss only in the middle of your lips, it will make your pout look fuller when the shimmery gloss picks up light.
- Use nude lipstick: Instead of dark color, wear a nude or pale colored lipstick, it will make your lips look naturally larger. Choose a shade that suits your skin tone and flaunt your lovely luscious pout.
- Use two shades of nude lipstick: If you have smaller bottom lip apply a lighter shade of nude lipstick on your smaller lip and a darker shade in the same color on the full upper lip. Simply keep in mind that you have to use the lighter shade on the smaller lip.