The liver is an important part of our body, it filters out toxins from the blood in our body. Not just that, it also works to build proteins and detoxify chemicals. Often unbalanced diet causes many liver-related diseases including hepatitis, liver infections, and fatty liver to name a few. Also Read - Weight Loss: Understanding the Importance of a Sustainable Diet and Is it Really Sustainable?
For a healthy and strong liver, one needs to maintain a healthy diet. According to the American Liver Foundation, for a healthy liver, we must avoid food items that are high on salt, sugar, and fat.
Instead, add these 6 items to your diet that can help you keep your liver healthy and strong. Also Read - Weight Loss Tip: Brain, Not Willpower, Decides if You Will Lose Weight Or Not
1. Carrots: Carrots are rich in Vitamin A that helps in protecting the liver. Carrots contain a high amount of beta-carotene which helps the liver to function properly. Also Read - Eye Health: Follow These 5 Tips To Take Care of Your Eyesight
2. Ginger: Ginger helps in activating liver enzymes. It contains many antioxidants that help protect us from liver diseases as well as make it strong.
3. Blueberry: It contains enough antioxidants to keep our liver healthy. Blueberries contain anthocyanins that protect us from liver failure. It is important that we consume blueberries daily.
4. Turmeric: This kitchen ingredient is rich in many qualities. Turmeric produces bile juice which naturally detoxifies the liver.
5. Coffee: Consuming coffee on a regular basis help protecting your liver. Thinking how? Well, coffee reduces inflammation and increases levels of antioxidants, which makes the liver stronger. Studies have shown that coffee works as shield when it comes to protecting your liver.
6. Tea: Especially green tea is very beneficial for your liver. In a Japanese study, it was found people who consumed 5-10 cups of green tea regularly had a very good effect on the liver. In another study, it was found that the risk of liver cancer is also reduced in those who drink green tea.
Add these 6 elements in your diet to safeguard your liver.