Today, that is on the 6th of July, the world celebrates International Kissing Day. So on this day, we decided to share some kissing tips that will benefit you. And here we are talking about the first kiss. The first kiss is one of the most awaited moments. The moment when you will finally get to kiss the person you love. A first kiss will always remain etched in your memory. If you do not get it right, it can go down as one of the most embarrassing moments, something that you do not want to even think about. It can also be a deal breaker and your chance for a second date will be lost. However, by pulling off a perfect first kiss, you will get a chance to go on a second/third date with this person. So if you do not want to be ghosted the next time you send a text to your date after exchanging the first kiss, you should follow these tips. On the occasion of International Kissing Day 2018, we give you 6 tips to get your first kiss right. (ALSO READ 5 things you should never do while kissing).Also Read - 2 Gay Men Caught Kissing on Live TV, Twitter Calls It 'An Act of Revolution' | Watch

Be sure that you both are on the same page

This is the first thing that you should be absolutely sure of. You can’t and should not kiss someone who doesn’t want to kiss you back. Do ensure that your date also wants to kiss you and has shown signs of interest in sharing a romantic moment. To be sure of this, you either talk or use your judgement well. Also Read - 'No Kissing Zone': Society in Mumbai's Borivali Paints Sign to Restrict Couples From Getting Intimate | Watch

kissing couple Also Read - Science Behind Lip Kiss: How A Lip-Lock is Good For You And Your Facial Muscles

Eat some mint to keep your breath fresh

Every single person who is about to get their first kiss is often worried about their breath. Before sharing that passionate kiss, make sure your breath is fresh. You can consider eating mint or something else before kissing. No onions or garlic allowed. Eat something that gives your mouth a fresh feeling and smell. ALSO READ How to kiss a guy? 5 tips to give your man the hottest kiss ever!

Keep your lips moisturized and soft

It is not a good feeling to kiss cracked or chapped lips. So keep your lips moisturized and use balm to make it soft and supple. On the night of the first kiss, women should avoid applying any lipstick that is sticky or too glossy. For men, you could apply some balm so that your lips do not feel rough.

kissing coupe

Set up the ambiance

You obviously do not want to kiss your date in a crowded place that is filled with loud music and people chattering loudly. If you want your kiss to be passionate and memorable, it is important to set up a cozy mood and ambiance. A romantic place that is low lit with limited people and soft music should be your best bet. ALSO READ Different types of kisses and their meaning: 15 different types of kisses and what they mean!

Approach subtly

A forceful or over-excited lean can totally ruin the moment even before it has started. So keep your approach subtle and slow. Haven’t you watched Will Smith’s Hitch? The rule he mentions there is that a man should lean in just about 90% and wait for the woman to meet your lips in that remaining 10%. This works in real life too. Do not just pounce or grab roughly. Whether you are a man or a woman, the approach has to be slow and passionate by looking into each other’s eyes. ALSO READ Which zodiac sign is the best kisser? This is what your stars tell about your kissing style!

Touch gently

So now you are finally kissing. What you should do next is to use your hands to touch gently. You could touch the person’s shoulders, waist or just cup his/her face. Don’t just leave your hands hanging. ALSO READ How to kiss a girl? 6 perfect ways to kiss your girl like a pro!

Follow these 6 tips and you are sue to get your first kiss perfect. It will be dreamy. Apart from these tips, also ensure that you are not using too much of your tongue. Yo do not want to come across as a desperate person. So the use of tongue should be limited. Keep these tips in mind and your first kiss will be one of the most memorable moments of your life.

(Photographs: Shutterstock)

Found this story interesting? Like our Facebook page to read more such articles. Also, share your comments below. We would love to hear from you!