Coronavirus is one of the most dreadful infections these days. Reportedly claiming lives of around 2,236 people in China and affecting 75,400 individuals in the country, in total, coronavirus may turn into a chronic disease soon. This is what Chinese experts are stating. Also Read - Tokyo 2020 Postpones Volunteer Training Due to Coronavirus Outbreak
The COVID-19 was first detected in Wuhan, China in late December and since then has affected people of various countries. India is also not immune to this infection. Coronavirus infection is deadly and its symptoms range from the common cold to severe diseases like Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV). The novel coronavirus (nCoV) is transmitted between animals and humans. Amidst the coronavirus epidemic, it is of utmost importance that you consult a doctor if you are experiencing breathing difficulty, cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc. Also Read - Coronavirus Outbreak: China Denies Delay in Granting Clearance to IAF's Relief Flight to Wuhan
Also, you must follow certain preventive measures backed by the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Here are they: Also Read - People Avoiding Chicken in Maharashtra Amid Coronavirus Scare, Rs 150 Crore Loss in 15 Days
- Touching an object or surface that was initially touched by someone who has the infection, can make you catch coronavirus infection too. So, it is essential to follow basic hygiene tips at least. In today’s scenario, you must wash your hands frequently with a good handwash.
- Do cover your mouth whenever you step out of the house. Wear glasses and cover your nose too to avoid the infection. Make sure you sanitize the areas or things you touch frequently.
- If you think wearing a surgical mask can keep you safe, you are mistaken. You are required to use a high-quality mask-like N95.
- If you are feeling sick and have come in contact with someone who recently been to China, you urgently need to consult a doctor. But before heading to the clinic, do inform the doctor about your possible infection so that he can inform other staff about the possible risk of coronavirus.
- If you are experiencing flu symptoms, do not go to work and take enough rest. Also, limit your travel to countries or areas where the infection has spread.