Shilpa Shetty Kundra is not just the fittest foodie of Bollywood, she also loves to cook and she periodically shares her love for food and cooking with the world. Shilpa’s ‘Sunday binge’ videos are very popular with her Instagram followers and she even has a Youtube show called “The Art of Loving Food”, where she cooks healthy versions of popular Indian and other dishes. From breakfast foods, to soups and desserts, it seems that Shilpa has mastered the art of making every dish healthy and low in calories.
In this particular episode of The Art of Loving Food, Shilpa shows us how to make an oats chilla. The chilla is a popular breakfast food and is a lot like the crepes that Americans love to eat for breakfast. But instead of using refined flour, the Indian version uses gram flour instead. Shilpa shares an even healthier version of the chilla, that is made up of oats, instead of gram flour and hence, it’s gluten-free. Oats are incredibly filling as they are high in fiber and are also loaded with healthy carbohydrates. ALSO READ: 5 times Shilpa Shetty Kundra proved that she’s the fittest foodie in town!
The Oats chilla is the perfect food for health freaks, who are watching their weight. The chilla aids weight loss, by keeping you full for longer, preventing the need to snack repeatedly. Oats also give an energetic start to your day, preparing you for the busy day ahead. ALSO READ: Healthy Breakfast Recipes by Chef Ranveer Brar from his new book Come Into My Kitchen
Oats Chilla Recipe by Shilpa Shetty
Cooking Time– 15 minutes; Calories- 406 Kcal; Serving- 1
Oats- 1 cup or about 90g
Plain or Spiced Buttermilk or chhas– 360g
Coriander Powder- 1/2 tsp
Jeera Powder- 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder- 1/2 tsp
Ginger Paste- 1 tsp
Sea Salt to taste
Black Pepper Powder- 1/4th tsp
Green Chilies (Chopped)- 1 nos.
1. Take the oats in a flat non-stick pan and roast them until they turn brown.
2. Turn the heat off, and transfer the roasted oats into a food processor and grind them to get a powder-like consistency.
3. Add the buttermilk to the ground oats powder. Then add one teaspoon ginger paste, half a teaspoon jeera powder, one fourth teaspoon pepper powder, half teaspoon coriander powder, half a teaspoon red chili powder and salt to taste. ALSO READ: Healthy Breakfast series: Try these 3 delicious & healthy cup breakfast made in microwave instead of oily parathas
4. Blend all the ingredients together. The batter should have a medium consistency- shouldn’t be too thick or too thin.
5. Take a flat non-stick pan and lightly grease it with vegetable oil.
6. Pour some batter onto the pan, reduce the heat to medium and cover the pan.
7. When the chilla looks like it’s cooked, flip it over and cover the pan again.
8. Repeat the process with the rest of the batter and serve hot with coconut or mint chutney.
Watch the full video of how to make these oats chillas by Shilpa Shetty:
Recipe Courtesy: Shilpa Shetty Kundra Official Youtube Channel
Do you have any recipes to share? Send them in! Email your recipes with relevant HD photos of the dish you’ve made to email@example.com and we will be happy to carry select recipes right here on India.com. Like our Facebook page to get more such recipes. Also, share your comments below. We would love to hear from you!