Exercise is a must, no doubt. But when you exercise could also have an impact on your body. Now, a new study published in the journal Cell Metabolism has found that exercising in the morning is the best for you. Specifically, it found that exercising at around mid-morning increased the oxygen in the cells and hence had a more positive effect on metabolism. If you are one of those who prefers sleeping for those extra minutes to getting out and sweating it out in the morning, we give you some reasons why mornings are the best time to work out:
1) Morning are convenient: Till you get used to it, getting up early in the morning and squeezing in a workout before you head to the office can feel like pain. But barring that, mornings are a time when you don’t have any hindrance. Often in the evenings, we can get too tired, or sometimes need to go out or get late leaving from office which can all turn into major excuses not to work out. In the morning, you just need to get up and go!
2) Testosterone peaks: In the mornings, your testosterone hormone levels are at their highest which is why we feel more motivated and energetic to work out. As the day progresses, these levels drop.
3) You burn more calories: Various studies have proven that when you exercise in the morning, you tend to lose more weight. In fact, studies also show that exercising in the morning helps you burn calories throughout the day.
4) You feel a sense of achievement: Yes, getting up in the morning and working out is indeed an achievement. When most of the world is still finding their bearings in the morning, you have already pumped up those muscles. You are now ready to take on other tasks knowing that you have already finished an important one.
5) You set the tone of the day: Feeling sad? A bout of exercise can easily fix that by releasing endorphins or the feel-good hormones to uplift your mood. Now, imagine that happening in your body and mind in the very first half of the day. It is but obvious that you will feel positive and happy throughout the day when you start your day like that.