New Delhi: The first phase of voting for Lok Sabha elections commences on April 11, 2019. Therefore citizens of India are required to verify their voter identification at the time of polling. Voter’s ID or the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) issued by the Election Commission of India is mandatory during the document-verification process.Also Read - Allahabad HC Dismisses Plea Challenging PM Modi's Election From Varanasi LS Seat
In case you do not have Voter’s ID, you can bring the following documents as photo-verification at the time of voting: Also Read - Anti-Modi Tweets by Arvind Kejriwal Vanished Post Lok Sabha Elections 2019
1) Passport Also Read - 'Danger in Boycotting J&K Assembly Polls, it Could be Repeat of What Happened in Lok Sabha Elections,' Warns NC's Omar Abdullah
2) Driving licence
3) Service identity card of the state government or the central government
4) PAN card
5) Aadhar card
6) Passbook issued by bank or post office
7) MGNREGA job card
8) Health insurance card issued by the Ministry of Labour
9) Pension document with a photograph
10) Authenticated photo voter slip issued by the election commission
Check out the process to cast your vote here:
1) Reach the polling booth on the date and time specified by the Election Commission of India.
2) Now a polling officer will verify your identity after you enter the booth.
3) After clearance, a second polling officer will mark an indelible ink on your left forefinger.
4) You are now cleared to vote.
5) A third polling officer will press the “Ballot” button on the Control Unit of the voting machine. The officer will further direct you to the compartment for you to cast your vote on the balloting unit of the voting machine.
Note: Physically handicapped voters and female voters carrying babies in their arm will be given priority in spite of the queue at the time of voting.
Once you press the blue candidate button on the voting machine against the name and symbol of the candidate of your choice, a red lamp will glow against the chosen candidate. You will hear a loud beep sound indicating that your vote has been recorded. Thus ends the voting process.