New Delhi: Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday filed his nomination for Uttar Pradesh’s Amethi parliamentary seat. The leader also conducted a roadshow in the district, during which he was accompanied by Robert Vadra and sister Priyanka Gandhi.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses a rally in Junagarh of Gujarat while asking the gathering if they are proud of the ‘chowkidar’. He also addressed another rally in Gunsada village in Songadh taluka of tribal-dominated Tapi district of south Gujarat. “The PM will address people from Bardoli as well as adjoining Navsari Lok Sabha seats in that rally,” a release by the BJP on Tuesday informed.
(For Full Lok Sabha elections coverage, follow https://www.india.com/lok-sabha-election-2019/)
The Prime Minister will also address a poll rally at Goa’s Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee stadium today evening. Polls for the state’s two Lok Sabha seats and three Assembly seats (bypolls) will be held on April 23. BJP star campaigners including senior leaders Rajnath Singh, Nitin Gadkari, Suresh Prabhu and Smriti Irani will address meetings in North Goa and South Goa Lok Sabha seats in the state.
Other important rallies for the day:
1) Amit Shah will address an election rally in Etah, Ferozabad in UP
2) Amit Shah will also attend Road Show in Karnataka
3) UP CM Aditynath Yogi will address rallies in Bareilly, Badaun, Agra and Etah
4) Akhilesh Yadav will be in Etah
5) Owaisi will be in Solapur to campaign for Prakash Ambedkar
6) Priyanka Gandhi likely to do a road show in Fatehpur Sikri of Agra
7) Mayawati will be in Mysuru for her election campaign
8) Rahul Gandhi likely to do a rally in Katihar
9) Nitish Kumar to do a rally in Katihar
10) Rajnath Singh will be in Madhepura
11) Tejashwi Yadav will campaign in Khagaria, Araria, Madhubani, Vaishali
Lok Sabha Elections 2019 are scheduled to be held in seven phases, beginning April 11. The counting of votes will be conducted on May 23.