Maharashtra Rains Latest News: Heavy downpour in the last couple of days has caused massive devastation in Maharashtra with the death of over 60 people till now due to flooding and landslides in various areas of the state. As per the latest report, 11 people succumbed after a landslide in Poladpur. Another landslide has been reported in Satara, where 12 people are said to be trapped. Earlier in the day, three people were killed, seven were injured after a house collapsed in Mumbai’s Govandi area.Also Read - Maharashtra CM Makes Big Announcement For Job Seekers! Says 75,000 People To Get Employment Soon
Also Read - Mumbai Rains: Andheri Market SHUT Due to Waterlogging, Heavy Traffic at Santacruz Chembur Link Road | Key Points Also Read - Mumbai Weather Update: Heavy Rains Throw Traffic Out of Gear, Cabs Ramp Up Rates
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday condoled the loss of lives in a landslide in Maharashtra’s coastal Raigad district and announced an ex gratia of Rs 2 lakh for the next of kin of the deceased.
- In the massive rain, over 56 villagers have been rescued along with cattle in Chiplun’s Mirjoli area after they were trapped following a landslide. As per latest updates, 3 more teams of NDRF reached Chiplun, while four teams are already engaged in rescuing people as incessant showers in the hilly regions of Ratnagiri district wreaked havoc in the coastal town.
- The Maharashtra government on Friday announced an ex-gratia of Rs five lakh each to the kin of people who have died in landslides triggered by heavy rains in different parts of the state.
- At least eight patients have died due to lack of oxygen at a hospital in Chiplun, which is now totally underwater due to floods. Reports claim that 21 patients were undergoing treatment in a Covid hospital where some of them were even on ventilators.
- A total of 44 people have lost their lives in two different incidents of landslide in Raigad district of Maharashtra. More than 25 people are still trapped under the debris: District Collector Nidhi Chaudhary
- As per updates from the CMO, the landslides have been reported in ten places – Poladpur (2 incidents) and Mahad (1) talukas of Raigad district, one each in Khed in Ratnagiri district, Mirgaon, Ambeghar, Humbhrali, Dhokwale villages in Patan taluka and Kondvali, Mojhejor villages in Wai taluka of Satara district.
- The CMO said as per information received here, 42 people have died in Raigad district and two in Satara district in separate incidents of landslide.
- Heavy rains since the last two days have caused massive floods in Raigad, Ratnagiri, Palghar, Thane, Sindhudurg, Kolhapur, Sangli and Satara districts.
- Earlier in the day, Thackeray visited the disaster management authority control room in Mantralaya (state secretariat) in south Mumbai and took stock of the situation arising out of downpour and flooding in Konkan and western Maharashtra.