Also Read - International Flight News: Fly to Maldives Directly From THIS City | Check New Flights by Air India, Vistara, SpiceJet
Also Read - Tokyo Olympics Medal Prospect Manu Bhaker Alleges She Was Harassed And Insulted by Air India Employees
JAMAICA, NY— Air India unveiled its new summer menu at an event held March 25 at Flying Food inflight caterers at JFK International Airport. Air India Regional Manager – Americas, Rishikant Singh; James Ball, vice president of Sales & Services at Flying Food Group; and Intiaz Yasin, account manager for Air India, along with their team of chefs, were at hand to present the variety of items served inflight, and describe the entire process of food preparation and quality control. Samples of the menu in all three classes of service were on display for inspection. Also Read - International Flights: Air India Announces Flights to Hong Kong, Bookings Open| Full Schedule Here
Singh discussed the importance of food in Indian culture and the variety of cuisines found in India – all of which are reflected in Air India’s inflight menu. The dietary or religious requirements of passengers can also be taken care of, including kosher, halal and non-beef meals, Singh said. First class passengers can enjoy the luxury of a multi-course meal at the time of their choosing. All Special Meal (SPML) requests need to be made at least 48 hours prior to departure, especially for economy class, Singh said.
Following are some of the types of meals offered by Air India:
- Asian Vegetarian (Hindu Vegetarian)
- Jain Meal (vegetarian meal without roots & tubers)
- Hindu Meal (non-vegetarian, excludes beef)
- Baby Meal/Infant Food (vegetarian/non-vegetarian)
- Bland Meal (vegetarian/non-vegetarian)
- Child Meal (vegetarian/non-vegetarian), Diabetic Meal (vegetarian/non-vegetarian)
- Fruit Platter Meal
- Gluten Intolerant Meal (vegetarian/non-vegetarian)
- Kosher Meal, Low Calorie Meal (vegetarian/non-vegetarian)
- Low Fat Meal (vegetarian/non-vegetarian)
- Low Salt Meal (vegetarian/non-vegetarian)
- Moslem Meal
- Low Lactose Meal (vegetarian/non-vegetarian)
- Vegetarian Raw Meal, Seafood Meal – (only in first and executive classes)
- Special Meal (needs to be specified)
- Vegan Meal (vegetarian meal without dairy products)
- Lacto-Ovo Meal (vegetarian meal with dairy products and eggs)
- Vegetarian Oriental Meal.
This story originally appeared on News India Times.