India has been an international platform for a lot of things ranging from art to trade. There have been several people all around the world who haven’t only been inspired by the culture or traditions in India, but have tried to incorporate it in their own ways. Cinema is one of those ways. Not only is it a matter of pride, but there is also something one can look forward to, when you visit several destinations!
So here is a list of movies that are either wholly or part shot in India and you probably didn’t know all of them.
2. Singularity- Chambal, Orchha, Gwalior
4. Eat Pray Love- Pataudi in Haryana
7. Slumdog Millionaire- Mumbai
8. Mission Impossible 4- Mumbai
9. Best Exotic Marigold Hotel- Jaipur, Udaipur
10. Trishna- Rajasthan
11. The Darjeeling Limited- Jodhpur
13. Million Dollar Arm- Mumbai
14. The Bourne Supremacy- Goa
15. The Namesake- Kolkata
16. Octopussy- Udaipur
17. Outsourced- Mumbai
18. Before the rains- Kerala
19. Monsoon Wedding- Delhi
20. Holy Smoke!- Delhi, Pushkar
21. The Reluctant Fundamentalist- Delhi
22. On the Other End of the Line- Mumbai
23. The Nowhere Son- Kolkata, Kashi
24. Happy- Kolkata
Not all of the above movies are on stories based in India, yet they have been shot here. So how many of these movies did you know about?