When you think of Rajasthan, the first thought that comes to mind is royalty, majestic forts, palaces, the desert and a peek of true-blue Indian heritage. While the popular cities among tourists are Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur and Jaisalmer, there is no dearth of man-made beauty in other parts of the state. If you are done admiring these cities, take a tour of the other gems Rajasthan has to offer, Kumbhalgarh being one of them. Situated 85 km northwest of Udaipur, Kumbhalgarh is a mere two-and-half hours by road from the tourist city. Its main attraction is the Kumbhalgarh Fort which is a Mewar Fortress and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It lies on the Aravalli Hills and it is the second-longest continuous wall in the world after the Great Wall of China running 38 km in length. And if you find the fort to look familiar, it is because the blockbuster Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo was shot in Kumbhalgarh Fort. Our readers Hardik and Dr Shruti Vaidya were recently in Kumbhalgarh and came back with some amazing photographs of the historic town. They have shared their them with us and one look at these is giving us itchy feet. Here are 10 photos of the beauty that is Kumbhalgarh. ALSO SEE 20 breathtaking pictures of Rajasthan
1. The beautiful route to Kumbhalgarh from Udaipur via NH 8
2. First glimpse of the majestic fort
3. The fort has the second-longest continuous wall in the world
4. A closer peek at the beautiful architecture of Kumbhalgarh Fort
5. View from a vantage point. The fort lies in the Aravalli Hills
6. The night magnifies the beauty of this architectural marvel
7. A temple stands tall in the ruins
8. The magnificent Ranakpur Jain Temple that lies an hour away from Kumbhalgarh
9. The temple is replete with intricate carvings like these
10. Two hours are all you need to admire the Jain temple
You can find more photographs on Hardik and Shruti’s travel blog-traveloped.in
Have interesting travel photos youd like to share with us? Send photos from your travels to email@example.com, dont forget to mention where youve shot the picture and get a chance to be featured on our website! So what are you waiting for? Hurry!
Have something to add to this story? Post your comments in the discussion board below; we will be thrilled to hear from you!