Islamabad, Feb 28 (PTI) At least four paramilitary soldiers were killed today in a bomb attack at a security check point in Pakistan’s south-western province of Balochistan, a security official said. Also Read - Pakistan Remains on FATF Grey List, Given Time Till June to Implement Full Action Plan
A security official said that six security men were injured in the blast, which appeared to be a suicide attack, targeting a Frontier Corps (FC) post in the Darvaish Belili area of provincial capital Quetta. Also Read - Pakistan MP Who is in His Late Fifties, Marries 14-Year-Old Baloch Girl; Police Launch Probe
“We are still investigating the incident and the exact nature of bombing will be determined after the report by bomb disposal experts,” he said on anonymity. Also Read - Govt Permits Pakistan PM Imran Khan to Use Indian Airspace For His Maiden Visit To Sri Lanka
The injured were shifted to Civil Hospital Quetta for treatment, as forces started search operation in the area.
Nobody so far claimed responsibility of the attack but Baloch nationalists and Taliban militants regularly target the forces in the province.
It was second attack at the security forces in Quetta during the day, as two policemen were killed earlier today when gunmen opened indiscriminate firing at vehicle of Deputy Superintendent Police Hameedullah Dasti on Samungli Road of the city. PTI SH ZH ZH
This is published unedited from the PTI feed.