New Delhi, July 31 (IANS) A fire broke out at the Shastri Bhawan on Monday due to a short circuit in an air conditioner (AC), an official said here. Also Read - New Delhi, Goa and Mumbai Top Booked Destinations by Indians During Valentine’s Week

“The fire broke out on the seventh floor of the building at 9.42 a.m. Five fire tenders rushed to the spot and it was doused,” the fire service official told IANS. Also Read - Mughal Gardens to Open For Public From THIS Date, Entry Through Online Booking Only | Check Timing, Other Details

No casualties were reported, he said. Also Read - Costliest 'Ghagra'? Drugs Worth Rs 1.7 Crore Hidden in Lehengas That Were Being Sent to Australia

The Shastri Bhawan is a government building that houses a number of ministries including Human Resources Development; Law and Justice; and Information and Broadcasting.

This is published unedited from the IANS feed.