Sikar, May 15 (PTI) A 17-year-old girl was charred to death in a fire suspected to have been caused by an electrical short circuit in the Tamkor village of Rajasthan’s Jhunjhunu district late last night.Also Read - Rajasthan: CLP Meet Ends, Congress Vows to Bring Confidence Motion in Assembly Tomorrow

The incident happened when victim Nawal Rajput was asleep in a room. A few clothes caught fire due to a short circuit in wires of ceiling fan and soon the flames engulfed entire room. Also Read - Rajasthan Political Crisis: Suspended Congress MLA Files Plea in High Court Seeking NIA Probe

By the time family could react, the girl was charred to death, the Jhunjhunu police said. Also Read - Rajasthan Crisis: 'Gehlot Government in Majority', Says State Congress in-Charge Avinash Pande

Following post-mortem, the body was handed over to family members for the last rites, a police official said.

This is published unedited from the PTI feed.