Cairo, Jan 10 (AFP) Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Thursday that a full US troop withdrawal from Syria announced by President Donald Trump last month will go ahead despite widespread criticism.

“President Trump’s decision to withdraw our troops has been made. We will do that,” Pompeo told a joint press conference in Cairo with Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry.

The US top diplomat is on a whistlestop tour of the Middle East to address the concerns of regional allies about the surprise pullout plan. (AFP) ZH ZH

This is published unedited from the PTI feed.