London, Jul 31 (PTI) “The Princess Diaries” author Meg Cabot says there is a possibility of a third film in the franchise. Also Read - Heartbreaking! Austria Princess Maria Galitzine Married to Indian Origin Chef Tragically Passes Away At 31

The prospect of a “Princess Diaries 3” first came about last year when the movie’s director Garry Marshall passed away and original cast member Julie Andrews had said that Anne Hathaway already “had an idea” for a third installment, reported Entertainment Weekly. Also Read - Julie Andrews Wants Third Part of The Princess Diaries to Happen Soon

“(It) could happen, as we say. I am not allowed to say. Also Read - India, S Korea sign 6 pacts; to step-up cooperation in infrastructure, combating global crime

I would love to sit and talk about (it), but I can’t. I’m not allowed.

“But it’s really more following the movie than the books, so if she the last version I read, she definitely did not find out that she has a biracial younger sister…Which I personally would’ve thought was hilarious, but that was not the direction they were going,” Cabot says.

“The Princess Diaries” first hit screens in 2001 and its sequel (2004’s “Royal Engagement”) saw Hathaway and Andrews returning, alongside new cast members Chris Pine and Raven Symone.

This is published unedited from the PTI feed.